[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have dreams of sailing the open ocean in a shit boat and finding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 9517667.jpg (99KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
9517667.jpg
99KB, 1024x768px
I have dreams of sailing the open ocean in a shit boat and finding an abandoned island and claiming it and living there.

Who or what is going to stop me?
>>
you will die before you get on the island
>>
>>3331802
>>Looks like I'm gonna have to drink my own piss
>>
>>3331802
nothing but you will probably die pretty fast
>>
>>3331802
Government, land owners if you end up on a claimed island
>>
>>3331802
satellites have ensured that every piece of land including islands are owned by somebody, whether they are privately owned or otherwise
you would eventually be forced to leave or shot
>>
>>3331857
I thought the Open Ocean was freerange and lawless? plus who will know Im there? ocean is too big to be patrolled
>>
>>3331802

> Who or what is going to stop me?

Pirates.
>>
>>3331802
>live peacefully for 3 years
>U.S. or rich person decides they want your island
>"No, this is my island, i've been here for 3 years!"
>government says too bad, kicks you off
>rich guy just shoots you
>>
>>3331802
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minerva_Reefs#Republic_of_Minerva
The Republic of Minerva was a micronation consisting of the Minerva Reefs. It was one of the few modern attempts at creating a sovereign micronation on the reclaimed land of an artificial island in 1972.
They anticipated a libertarian society with "no taxation, welfare, subsidies, or any form of economic interventionism." In addition to tourism and fishing, the economy of the new nation would include light industry and other commerce.
The Republic of Minerva issued a declaration of independence on 19 January 1972 in letters to neighboring countries
The declaration of independence, however, was greeted with great suspicion by other countries in the area. A conference of the neighboring states (Australia, New Zealand, Tonga, Fiji, Nauru, Samoa, and territory of Cook Islands) met on 24 February 1972 at which Tonga made a claim over the Minerva Reefs and the rest of the states recognized its claim.
On 15 June 1972, the following proclamation was published in a Tongan government gazette:
PROCLAMATION His Majesty King Taufaʻahau Tupou IV in Council DOES HEREBY PROCLAIM: it is expedient that we should now confirm the rights of the Kingdom of Tonga to these islands; THEREFORE we do hereby AFFIRM and PROCLAIM that the islands are part of our Kingdom of Tonga.
A Tongan expedition was sent to enforce the claim the following day. The Flag of the Tonga was raised
Tongan occupation
Tonga’s claim was recognized by the South Pacific Forum
In 1982, a group of Americans led again by Morris C. “Bud” Davis tried to occupy the reefs, but were forced off by Tongan troops after three weeks
>>
>>3332374
Im not gonna advertise my presence
Im just going to live on coconut water and maybe domesticate a chimp
>>
>>3331875
pirates have drone recon now they will fuck your shit up
>>
>>3332424
what if I make a sniper tower
>>
>>3331802
There are lots of islands available for sale, you could save yourself from some idiotic fate
>>
>>3331802
>>3331818
And if you don't, you will die within a few days on the island.
>>
File: timthumb.jpg (35KB, 855x375px) Image search: [Google]
timthumb.jpg
35KB, 855x375px
>>3331802
This is my island OP
>>
As others have said, even if you built proper infrastructure to survive by the time you have anything decent the nearest government will say get the fuck off our land this belongs to us now.

I too love to daydream about the private island life.
>>
Bunch of FUD spreading faggots in this thread OP. Nothing is stopping you. Very few people have the balls to try this so The Man isn't actively concerned about it and there's absolutely a solid chance you could make it work. You better fucking do it
>>
>>3333281
Ive never been on the open ocean before. only got a canoe. Is a canoe technically safer than a boat because it cant really sink? not sure how I would sleep though
>>
>>3331802
Just going to buy one some time in my life. Don't see why people blow millions on over priced houses and cars when you can do something like buy a really nice plot of land (an island in this case) and just build the house you want. Fuck buying houses
>>
do it, OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBtBePnUOZU
>>
>>3333373
Yes I'm sure a canoe will work out great for you when you hit your first storm
>>
Your fat ass doesn't have the skills or the steady handys to sail faggot
>>
>>3333689
how bad can the storms even get? a couple waves? Ill be floating
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.