[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the hell do you transfer to new phone with authy and google

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 1504326926926.jpg (168KB, 1000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1504326926926.jpg
168KB, 1000x1400px
How do you do it? I'm upgrading phones and use authy for gemini and google authenticator for bittrex. Really don't want to scew up and lock myself out of my accs.

With authy it's tied to your phone #, so should I just be able to re-download the app and it will immidiately be retreived because it's the same number?

What about google authenticator? Was thinking of just turning f2a off for a couple of mins in bittrex until I downloaded the app on the new phone and then re-enabling it.
>>
>>3326553
You don't unless you know how to root android without bricking it (if you brick it you're fucked)

The safest way is to use old authenticator to remove the authenticator from your accounts, then add new ones.
>>
>>3326578
thanks mate. so basically you temporarily disable f2a on the exchanges and then re-enable with the new phone?
>>
>>3326598
Yep. The whole point of authenticator is to not let attacker login even if they have your account and password; it doesn't whatsoever cover the situation where you lose your phone.
>>
File: makifes3.png (276KB, 500x554px) Image search: [Google]
makifes3.png
276KB, 500x554px
>>3326553
Safes are cheap these days, you know. Pajeet slaves are cheap too if you want to hire them to bury your "treasures"
>>
>>3326635
On iphone cant you backup to itunes then restore on new phone?
>>
>>3326553
I never backed up auth when i reset my phone so I lost access to my poloniex account. Only had 10$ or so left in there though, I moved everything to bittrex a while back..
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.