[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/, 27 years old here. Heres my blog: I graduated from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Hey /biz/, 27 years old here.

Heres my blog:
I graduated from computer science almost 2 years ago, and I have met nothing but hardship, lack of passion and I have absolutely no desire to continue, no drive.

Where I live there is almost nothing related to computer science other than IT, networking and programming, shit I despise.

Is it to late to change to something like mechanical engineering, or should I try majoring in something?

I'm dirt broke and recently got fired from my last job.

Post your career change stories, if any, give a fellow biz anon some hope.
>>
>>3322644
why not relocate?
>>
What was your GPA and where do you live?
>>
>Quit job at big and hyped EU tech + shoe selling company because management idiocy is driving me nuts
>Try large established tech company
>It’s shit!
>Join real small start up with me as only real programmer
>Plow through my initial task which is just some shit app super fast
>Business owners are busy with other stuff, can’t plan any software right now
>Have nothing to do, trade shitcoins all day at work
>Think about quitting because it’s so boring

Not sure if everything went well yet. At least I’m only bored and not mad.
>>
What is your physical stature? If you can lift 30kg a few times a day, go get an underground mining job, cushy work and well rewarded.
>>
>>3322651
I'm not in the states, which is probably mainly why I earn so little. Are work visas easy to get for Italians?
>>3322672
2.0 out of 3.0 grading system.
>>3322691
I'm afraid I'm pretty much manlet status.
>>
>>3322644
did you start school at 21 or just dick your way through it? idk how you can have cs degree, post on this board, and not teach yourself solidity for and easy 300k a year...

not hard to go back and restart. know plenty of ce's that didn't get started til 40
>>
File: nicky-larson-city-hunter.jpg (872KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
nicky-larson-city-hunter.jpg
872KB, 1920x1200px
>>3322719
I lost a year coming out of school, cause it ended mid semester of the university I was going to attend to, then I lost a year working on my thesis.
>>
>>3322705
Just as hard to get as the mexicans
>>
>>3322748
Figured it would be somewhat simpler since we're on visa waiver program, guess it doesn't apply for work visas?
>>
>>3322731
so you have a masters in computer science and you're asking if you can restart your career? of course you can but if you need convincing get it from therapist and not a bunch of neets
>>
>>3322644
Get the highest paying job even if it's in something you despise, suck it up until you save enough to relocate and follow ur passion.
You're a weak faggot, no pity for you.
>>
>>3322758
Not a masters, but a bachelors I think that's the proper term. Also not as much as starting over again, but using my cs background to get a head start in a completely different field.

>>3322774
I will eventually just get a new job, but part of the issue is that I am so mediocre in the cs field, even if I hated the job if I were at least good at it I could truck through a couple of years.

Will I ever make it brahs?
>>
just become a crypto trader.
why dont you have money now fag? did you spend it all for the car or what? pathetic
>>
>>3322644
>mechanical engineering
is boring af

think youre gonna do all the cool engineeringy things with your nice degree?
NOPE
unless you start your own business, but otherwise youre gonna be middle management in some boiler-making company where u take a ton of responsibility just for poring over pages and pages of forms and figures making sure that the people who did the real work didnt get it wrong.
oh, and responsibility? yea, if someone gets injured or dies in a project you managed, your career is literally over
>>
>>3322644
Unless you went to a shit school, CS teaches you a very broad skill set and you should be fine finding work in other industries
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.