[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the bitcoin blockchain is based on Elliptic Curve Cryptography,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

If the bitcoin blockchain is based on Elliptic Curve Cryptography, and ECC is vulnerable to attacks by quantum computers, won't bitcoin be dead in only 10-20 years?
>>
>>3319329
who cares, Im cashing out 50% before then anyway
>>
File: neobeging.jpg (23KB, 480x417px) Image search: [Google]
neobeging.jpg
23KB, 480x417px
It will, buy NEO.
>>
They will simply change the cryptography to something quantum proof.
>>
see this stupid question so often i cbf writng an answer. Just google 'bitcoin quantum'...
>>
you can increase cryptography keys linearly while increasing the amount of qbits needed to crack the key exponentially

so they will literally just add bits to the keys and they will get that much harder to crack, assuming the quantum hardware is the bottleneck

if it's not, they'll just change the algo
>>
>>3319365
But then its not really bitcoin anymore.
>>
>>3319400
sorry, not the number of qbits but the amount of computational space required, which requires increasing the number of qbits

and increasing physical qbits is currently really difficult and you can null out a year's worth of (presumed) qbit hardware by adding even one bit of entropy. you cracked 256? cool good luck with 1028
>>
>>3319409
literally doesn't matter what the algorithm is as long as the input performs the desired output

this is like saying bitcoin is no longer bitcoin because they patched bitcion

the result is still a ledger tracking the distribution of coins among wallets
>>
>>3319409
Hard Fork 2: Quantum of Solace
>>
>>3319329
No, the public addresses wouldn't reveal your private keys if that was used. So basically all they have to worry about is the trivial hardfork to quantum secure encryption.
>>
>>3320654
Kek
>>
>>3319354
into what?to useless fiat?
>>
>>3319329
There are quantum resistant coins now
>>
>>3320694
>not converting fiat into physical assets immediately
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.