[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is crypto so hard to buy? Every site I've checked out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: crypto sucks.jpg (23KB, 318x160px) Image search: [Google]
crypto sucks.jpg
23KB, 318x160px
Why is crypto so hard to buy?

Every site I've checked out requires ID, 2FA authenticator bullshit, sms cellphone verification, proof of address, or more. Many have problems even getting an account due to numerous reasons.

I even went to a local bitcoin teller machine and it requires that you put your ID into the machine so they can scan it before purchase. WTF?

Why can't I simply purchase some crypto with my credit card (like one can purchase shit on Amazon) and be done with all the security implementations in place.
>>
>>3315622
Because all kinds of frauds, you dummy
>>
>>3315746

That's not a reason to kill the cryptomarket from ever taking off.

at all
>>
>>3315622
Anti money laundering regulations.
>>
It is barely the process necessary to open a bank account
>>
>>3315622
let's say I'm someone working behind the curtain.

1: to prevent terrorism funding.
2: to prevent organized crime funding
3: to prevent money laundering and tax evasion

if those sites don't ask those things and are sure you are not some terrorist, they will be taken down by the US government very quickly..
>>
>>3315888
>>3315907
>>3316651

Except it doesn't do anything to prevent any of that.

Someone can buy some coins on coinbase, move them out into another exchange or their own wallet and then fund criminals with that money or do something illegal with it.

It doesn't prevent jackshit.
>>
>>3316675
yes it does. we can access your name and passport information in a special database..

if it flags up as high risk, have past criminal convictions we won't let you create an account.
>>
>>3316675
>It doesn't prevent jackshit.

Yea, but now the government can pretend it did something about the problem and continue to eat babies and bomb 3rd worlders.
>>
>>3315622
Mainly to prevent chargebacks. The AML/KYC is just an added reason to give to users as well as an extra check.

I bought some membership to an mmo and they wouldnt process it unless I sent them pics of my drivers license and credit card.

I bought a minecraft gift card code back in the day for a relative and mojang emailed me wanting my drivers license.

I was buying gift cards on one site and as soon as I hit $600 they hit me with all the checks.

Amazon gets away with it because with your credit card and address, they already know enough about you to reasonably trust you with the transaction.

If bitcoins were physical and being sent to your house, theyd require less anti-fraud measures.

I keep up with the 'Get Paid To' industry where people earn gift cards for doing stuff. A lot of those sites even require social security number, drivers license, selfie pics, etc. nowadays.

Fraud is more sophisticated then it has ever been.
>>
>>3316675
Yes it does. It collects information on people that use those services. If the use is routine enough or the transactions high enough it gets flagged for an audit.

It's part of a know your customer regulation banks have to have in place so they can report suspicious activities. The point is to make it more difficult for people to create fake identities to bypass any potential audits.

All companies who work with cash transactions have to comply or you get shut down. I believe a few early bitcoin adopters ran an exchange years ago and did not comply with the regulation. They are currently in prison I believe.
>>
>>3315622
No BTC ATM's I've used required my ID.
>>
>>3316815
not only routine enough ,, but if we do it as well when we see odd behavior.. switching between currencies quickly... transferring money within minutes. from one bank account to another bank account via our site etc..
>>
>>3315622
have you ever tried to open a brokerage account to trade securities like stocks and futures?

the process is the same.
>>
>>3315836
There are way more regulations for more mainstream markets. I don't know what you're on about.
>>
>>3316862
What country do you live in?

I imagine they had to snap a pic from their web cam if they didn't check ID.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.