[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people mine with GPU's when there are much more efficient

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Chinese Package3.jpg (3MB, 5344x3006px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese Package3.jpg
3MB, 5344x3006px
Why do people mine with GPU's when there are much more efficient ways out there?

This cost $1300 and will be making around $700 per month
>>
>>3293100
Where the fuck and what are you mining?
>>
>>3293131
this ones for litecoin. im in US
>>
>>3293161
What website did you buy it from?
>>
>>3293176
the manufacturers.

got two. had to wait about 4-5 months to actually get it.
>>
>implying it's not full of malware and the coins won't just magically disappear from your wallet one day
>>
File: Chinese Package4.jpg (4MB, 5344x3006px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese Package4.jpg
4MB, 5344x3006px
>>3293176
This cost me 20 litecoin from the manufacturer 4 or 5 months ago, here in the states they go on amazon for 4000-5000 dollars
>>
Someone explain mining to me
>>
>>3293195
Well, how did you contact them... a website, yea?
>>
>>3293219
bitmain
>>
>>3293214
Brand, which manufacturer, which miner is it, hashes per second, power consumption give us specs you mongoloid, and a time stamp would be p. cool too.

I never see ASIC miners for litecoin or ethereum, usually just GPU rigs. Shit looks like ASIC.
>>
>>3293231
it is ASIC.
bitmain l3+
504M hash/sec ~1Kw/hr
>>
>>3293231
>>3293214
jesus christ seriously op what is the brand or are you larping with rando pics off the internet
>>
>>3293195
>had to wait about 4-5 months to actually get it

this is because they use them themself until the mining difficult increased and it doesn't pay off. after that they give it to you for a hell ton of money.
>>
>>3293230
https://shop.bitmain.com/antminer_l3_litecoin_asic_scrypt_miner.htm
>Sold out

What's the point in telling us "oh man, look at my miner" when there's no way to get em' now?
>>
>>3293253
watch the website.
they manufacture in batches. batches will be sold out for a month or so, then a new batch arrives
>>
By the time Jihan sells his mining equipment it's already worthless, lmao.
>>
>>3293264
I feel like the difficulty will rise sharply with each batch.
>>
>>3293275
>https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/litecoin/usd
It is. litecoin was half the price when i ordered it and spent 20 litecoin.
im trying to ride the gravy train. Keep all my coins mined as LTC as watch it grow in value
right now with the two I have ill be making 20 litecoin a month
>>
File: Capture.png (68KB, 873x603px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
68KB, 873x603px
>>3293264
1127W (11.5TH/s batch)
what am I missing here?
>>
>>3293312
>11.5THs
I wish.
504Mhs
>>
>>3293195
u dumb
>>3293252
u right
>>
>>3293319
where are those numbers on the website?
>>
>>3293299
I'm talking about the difficulty. If the difficulty rises every time a batch comes out, will it be worth ordering in the next batch?
>>
>>3293329
but im going to keep the LTC and they will grow in value along with the difficulty.
ride the wave so-to-speak
>>
>>3293335
>https://shop.bitmain.com/antminer_l3_litecoin_asic_scrypt_miner.htm?flag=specifications
>>3293336
Im not going to. Im going to buy the D3 on the next batch
>>
Bitmain is kinda shitty tho. They're the only ones creating the ASIC's cuz they have a patent on it and are capable of monopolizing litecoin mining.
>>
>>3293361
Welp, they got to it first. Kinda nice to see someone outjewing the jews at their own game.
>>
>>3293100
Is that $750/month profit after expenses like electricity?
Hmm maybe I should get into mining.
But I'm not sure I'd want to drop five grand on an ASIC that only has one specific use. Ben then again it's hard to argue with making money.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.