[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to open up a Roth IRA and start putting money into stocks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1493104765668.jpg (6KB, 181x170px) Image search: [Google]
1493104765668.jpg
6KB, 181x170px
I want to open up a Roth IRA and start putting money into stocks soon.

Is the market a good place for it? or will we go into recession soon.

I don't want to invest and then have it immediately crash.

And yes, I do already have money in coins.
>>
>>3288100
IRA's are good, roth or standard. If you have a 401k, IRA is always a plus if you have enough money to do both.

As for stocks, don't do it.
>>
File: Rachel.Alucard.full.1608046.jpg (320KB, 800x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Rachel.Alucard.full.1608046.jpg
320KB, 800x1002px
Look into agriculture and some agriculture stocks

https://www.investing.com/etfs/powershares-db-agriculture-fund

its in a pretty good dip currently
>>
>>3288126
I don't have a 401k because I'm a student worker in college right now, so I thought roth IRA would be my best option. why no stocks?

>>3288134
Do you have any you would recommend?
>>
File: 7234827349.png (55KB, 943x834px) Image search: [Google]
7234827349.png
55KB, 943x834px
>>3288185
not sure. I study the stock market from a broader sense, and know more about crypto currency.

This one fits my taste with this pattern, plus im more into low market cap companies cause higher percentage gain. So, with combination of the agriculture industry in a dip, this company in some kind of cycle, and the low marketcap, this stock has huge potential here.
>>
>>3288235
I trust you anon, but I will still check out their 10k.

Thanks!
>>
>>3288485
ye. i bought some SEED too now for lulz
>>
>>3288100
I would wait on the stock market. It's had steroid level growth recently. I think it will correct sometime in the next 6-12 months. And buy then your crypto gains should be sufficient enough to buy into some index funds.
>>
>>3288185
>why no stocks?
because we're headed for the biggest crash since 1929 and it could even be bigger

even banks and big financial institutions are making public statements about this.

Huge wealth transfer incoming, if you're smart you'll hedge your dollar risk and wait until after the crash to buy stock

currency etfs (gugenheim) you can hold in your IRA: www dot currencyshares dot com
>>
>>3288648
So would it be a bad idea to put money into a roth IRA now?

Sorry i'm stupid anon
>>
File: 7423974823.png (91KB, 1662x765px) Image search: [Google]
7423974823.png
91KB, 1662x765px
>>3288668
Just trade stocks anon. Even if these guys were right about the market collapsing, just find the best stocks to short. Shorting means you literally earn money for buying high and selling low because youre betting against the market.

Another thing you can do is invest in gold stocks, because gold rises on market collapse.
>>
>>3288134
this is really bad advise.. please ignore.
>>
>>3289156
>cant explain why
nice!

this post is really bad.. please ignore this id.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-08-05-14h47m09s787.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-08-05-14h47m09s787.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>3288100

Invest in ETFs. You don't have to worry about a single stock performing poorly if the others are doing well. Check out Vanguard and Fidelity.
>>
>>3288235
you are an idiot.. It's a Chinese company that is so transparent and honest that they simply left their financial statements off their website.

http://originseed.investorroom.com/index.php?s=118

http://www.originseed.com.cn/en/invest/list.php?pid=85&id=85&page=1

they can be removed from NASDAQ for that (not disclosing financial statements)

Maybe they made hundreds of millions losses ? We can only guess.......
>>
>>3288100
If youre that worried, buy in intervals over time instead of lump sum. Stick to etfs for ultra long term plays. Be prepared to drop a fat load in if it crashes, aka have investments outside of the market (crypto, cash, etc).
>>
>>3288100
Good lord, don't invest in any freaking stocks. Big companies like Amazon and Google will be trustbusted in Trump's second term, and everything else will be worthless when crypto companies and web 3.0 companies take everything over.
>>
>>3288668
ROTH IRA is just a platform to hold your money on, where its growth won't be taxed. Your transfer to IRA goes to dollars by default, and you choose where to put it from there. I recomended investing in foreign currencies like the Euro to guard yourself against a dollar crash. This anon>>3288859
is right that gold could also work but the value is being held down by big jews wash-trading paper gold.

Dont so shorts or options, period. This was terrible advice. Instead go on fidelity or morningstar and they have free courses that tell you wht the stock market is, what stocks are.

Here's the upshot:
>stocks are ownership i a company
>they rise and fill with the news and speculator sentiment
>they're overvalued right now and due for a crash any day
>Mutual funds are collections are stock in a defined category, where you pay an manager to actively manage them and pic winners
>Index funds are cheaper than Mutual funds because you don't pay for active management, they simply try to do the same thing the market does on average or their piece of the market/"sector"
>ETF's are even cheaper than Index funds because they don't even have inactive management, they pick stoks to reflect the market (hat index funds do) but use formuls to pick.

What they wont tell you i, if you calculate exponential growth over decade it looks fantastic, but factoring in corrections (down-swings) your real atual eturns won't come close to that. And if you invest right before the corrections, you'll lose.
>>
>>3288100
VIX dude. If you think the stock market's gonna suck, invest in the "fear index"
>>
>>3289769
if you want to invest some of your IRA in gold btw, use SGOL etf and not GLD

SGOL
>backed by actual gold bars acounted for on the pubilc record you can look up yourself, held in a swiss vault

GLD
>purely paper, volume exceeds the actual gold by many times
>gold held by conspiring jews in (((New York))) and very loosely acounted for, no public records on bars
>jews buy tons of this when stocks do well, then sell off when stocks do poorly to prevent gold from being a viable optio to the dollar.

They maay do something similar to BTC soon. https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@hitlerdoge/goldman-sachs-technical-analyst-predicts-a-march-to-usd4800-followed-by-a-great-correction-2017817t143643652z
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.