[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's stopping me from going 100x long on BTC on Bitmex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

What's stopping me from going 100x long on BTC on Bitmex and leaving the position open for years, making a shitload of money?
>>
uhhh can you actually do that? if so, fuck it I would do it all in
>>
>>3276433
if it dips even a little bit under your position youll get liquidated
>>
>>3276447
This. You need to be 100% sure of calling the bottom, otherwise you'll get @bitmexrekt.
>>
>>3276447

What if the market rises to a point where it's unlikely to ever dip to that position again? Is there a time limit on a position or can it be held forever?
>>
>>3276478

we were at dipped to $1800 a month ago and we're at $4500 now. You think your 100x long can survive fluctuations like that over the course of years?
>>
>>3276495
If he started his long at 1800 I don't see it hittting that again but ok
>>
>>3276495

I'd chuck $100 at it, and try to set good stop losses. I'm just thinking there must be people who longed BTC when it was $100 each, and, assuming they survived fluctuations then, would definitely survive fluctuations now because they're so far in the green. Is that possible or am I missing something?
>>
>>3276525
as the others said, you need to hit the bottom. i think the best time for this will be the next crash. i was thinking about doing this too.
>>
>>3276525
>Is that possible or am I missing something?

there's a lot of things that will fuck you. flash crashes, lending fees, etc.

sure, it's possible, but so is winning the lottery.
>>
>>3276520

When we dip by 50%+ it's always due to some existential crisis that seemingly threatens the entire future of btc and crypto. No one has the balls to put down a big bet in that kind of scenario, and whose to say the bottom is what you think it is, and it wont go lower.
>>
>>3276520
He didn't though. And he's not going to find the bottom of the next dip.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.