[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets talk IOTA, I think it will be huge reason for it being that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: ZTHQ9891.png (18KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
ZTHQ9891.png
18KB, 512x512px
Lets talk IOTA, I think it will be huge reason for it being that the tech is gonna solve a lot of the problems we currently have with machine to machinge communication.

Also they are working with Bosch and VW currently and have successfully implemented smaller projects for VW/Porsche already which seems to be some sort of proof of concept for their real project which most likely is...

Car2Car Communication, I work in the automotive industry in germany and I can tell you all the big german companies will push this heavily in the coming years and are currently in the phase of getting serious with developement yet they are unsure how exactly they want to tackle the scaling and security issues. Sounds like things IOTA might fix and given the fact that one of the IOTA founders has said they are working with Bosch and VW it sounds very much like they are working on something like Car2Car especially considering the fact that Bosch makes a lot of systems like this for various different manufacturers and VW wants a universally accepted system for car2car. If it turns out the Bosch and VW project IOTA is working on are related to each other it is confirmed it will be Car2Car which is gonna be fucking huge. For now it is speculation but I think the future looks bright for IOTA.

What do you guys think ?
>>
And no I am not gonna spoonfeed you links for what I said you can find it yourself easily on google. I am just gonna say the twitter of this guy is very interesting: https://twitter.com/CarstenStoecker

And he also has done some interviews where he clearly states they are currently doing another project with VW he cant talk about.
>>
>>3275436
Daily reminder that Iota is useless without a patent on Tangle.
>>
>>3275442
>daily reminder that Bitcoin is useless without a patent on Blockchain

ftfy

>>3275406
I too think iota will be huge, currently holding around 5GI, my goal is 10, wbu?
>>
>>3275442
>>3276048
i remember both of you faggots from yesterday's IOTA thread.
>>
It just needs to be implemented by some major manufacturers of iot devices and its pluto time

iot fridges that automatically order groceries for one would be an excellent use case, as soon as there is a few hundred thousand of those operating and processing transactions the system will run like a charm
>>
>>3276138
I wasn't here yesterday kek too busy buying OMG and lisk and pay
>>
I don't understand why you would need iota for cars to communicate. What's the benefit over some kind of standard centralized server with many clients?
>>
>>3276235
Security.
>>
>>3276235
You don't. But if you want car 2 car to work across manufacturers and also with car 2 city and car 2 electric grid, a trustless system with zero transaction cost is good.

The idea is that IoT manufacturers would support something like this and a community will grow to build hardware/software around the protocol. This community would be safe in the knowledge that there will be no rent-seeking and that no central authority will undermine them.
>>
>>3276048
Blockchain has miners tangle doesn't. There is a monetary incentive for miners to upkeep the network, mine new coins, and verify transactions. With tangle their is minimal proof of work done to no monetary benefit. When iota is deployed it's price will be controlled by decentralized market sellers and of course whales. There is nothing stopping a centralized entity from developing a clone of Tangle and selling their iota clone for a fraction of the price through their own market. If Bitcoin's blockchain was replicated with the exact same mining difficult you would have to sway the miners to switch to a blockchain the operates in an identical manner for no reason. They would not risk their capital and resources to do this. Businesses would gladly switch to a cheaper iota clone that operates identically to the original if it meant a cheaper price.
>>
>>3276507
Ioties are retarded. Don't even try
>>
>>3276507
>>3276048

Oh there is also nothing stopping an entity with enough resources to just develop a free protocol that copies tangle and just not charge at all for their protocols version of iota. Without mining it will all be worthless, it's essentially just machines sending packets to each another.
>>
>>3276529
I prefer to call them Tangle-tards.
>>
>>3276507
I don't think that a lone manufacturer would risk being cut off from the internet of things. I mean they could go full retard and unplug to save the fraction of a penny, but then they're off the network.

IOTA coins only need to be passed around when monetary value is exchanged between entities. Data can be exchanged for free and that massive data exchange is the mining and value backing for IOTA.
>>
Too many iota exists to ever make any money
>>
>>3276564
i call you poor.
>>
>>3276718
>Implying that iota is done growing
Anon it hasn't even gotten started yet. Its been on one exchange for less than 3 months. In a few years a $5 change in price is going to be a slow day.
>>
>>3276718
THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE WHO CARE ABOUT PRICE PER COIN MORE THAN THE CHANGE IN THE MARKETCAP.

/biz/ truly is hopeless.
>>
>>3277546
This is exactly what I've been trying to tell people. The price of the coin will determine the market cap, not the other way around.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.