[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm curious, do all of you /biz/nessmen actually understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1431703023062.jpg (68KB, 600x801px) Image search: [Google]
1431703023062.jpg
68KB, 600x801px
i'm curious, do all of you /biz/nessmen actually understand how the block chains work on a technical level and what sets different chains apart, or are you completely oblivious to the inner goings-on and are just in it to make cash? i don't think technical knowledge is a requirement to make bucks, but i'm interested to hear how savvy you anons are.

i'm fairly new to crypto and have been researching it (i.e. the tech) intensively for the past week and i feel like i'm finally starting to put the pieces together.
>>
I have no fucking clue how any of it works. Would like to learn though. Anyone here with some solid sources?
>>
>>3270402
most people here don't even know what cryptography is
>>
>>3270402
You can be lucky without the knowledge.
Or you can make profound decisions with the knowledge.

Also, 99% of people falling for scams do so by not having a clue of what they are doing.
Your call. Browse /biz/ and listen to shills with an agenda or use the time to research more yourself
>>
>>3270414
Start with the classic - the bitcoin whitepaper. Then research enough until you understand it. By that time you should fully understand how nodes, miners, wallets work and what private and public keys are and how they are generated.

Then do the same for ethereum and teach yourself about smart contract.

Then try to understand how monero can be anonymous. Figure out why so many people are getting busted by using any wallet but their own full node and think they are anonymous.

From that point you are able to research any coin, news, politics and keep up to date with new developments.
Congrats, you will soon drive a lambo and laugh at pink wojak losers.
>>
I know just enough to be able to tell when someone is bullshitting me or if they know what they're talking about and listen to people more knowledgeable than myself when it comes to programming. Has worked out so far, I'm up 13x for the year.
>>
>>3270528
Thx anon, will do
>>
>>3270414
what i did was to look around for simple, layman explanations of the various processed involved in the block chain
a good example are the two answers to this stackexchange post
https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/12427/can-someone-explain-how-the-bitcoin-blockchain-works/

then once i felt i "got" how it works on a simple level, i went and read the actual whitepapers that dug deep into the details

helps that i'm doing this research because the company i work at told me to, so i'm literally getting paid to read this shit.
it's pretty fun though if you enjoy technical knowledge but i can see someone just not bothering if they don't feel interested since there's a lot to go through
>>
>>3270402
I have a decent enough idea how a decentralized peer to peer ledger works and how mind blowing the implications are if this really goes mainstream. That said, I'm in it for the money. Save the idealism for church.
>>
>>3270626
What do you do?
>>
>>3270414
mastering bitcoin
>>
>>3270752
just a plain old IT/programming job, some of the higher ups decided that crypto currency was the new and hip thing and picked me to research it and report back on its pros and cons
>>
File: of_sorts.gif (219KB, 899x455px) Image search: [Google]
of_sorts.gif
219KB, 899x455px
>>3270414
I've made a short video on the chain aspect of blockchains (as opposed to the network/decentralized stuff)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3sI8WVX-cc

I'm currently pushing some commits to part of the NEO repo and will eventually do explanatory video on that.
>>
>>3270875
Nice thx!
>>
>>3270836
Well I guess that's not a bad job to have right now considering that you can learn to open a portfolio yourself.
>>
>>3270875
thanks. that was helpful.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.