[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>assume that blockchains become the next big ting, that the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1441286959162.jpg (23KB, 349x338px) Image search: [Google]
1441286959162.jpg
23KB, 349x338px
>assume that blockchains become the next big ting, that the elections in 2028 are held using blockchain technology and that all businesses are doing their financial accounts using blockchain technology

then how would this generate positive return for people that own bitcoins?

Let's talk about the blockchain only, not the usual tinfoil hat tier bullshit like hurr durr bitcoin will become the next world currency hurr durr only 21 million bitcoins hurr durr dollar bills are worthless paper money printed by the very jews that started the napoleonic wars and when the world watches this youtube video they will realise dollar bills are worthless and start buying bitcoins and i will become rich hurr durr
>>
if blockchains become that mainstream then so will bitcoin, obviously. normie money flowing in
>>
>>3244483
there's no blockchain for general population. there's only bitcoin. every penny that's invested in this technology will pour right into bitcoin first.
>>
We know its all a load of bullshit right now anon, well I do anyway. There is some use for blockchain tech but most the stuff out there is worthlesss trash. It can be used for things like security like Lykke are doing and it can be used to transfer value like bitcoin but it remains to be seen how smart contracts will do. Its early days. People are still trying to figure out its usecases and even then it takes time to find its market.
>>
Plus the SEC and other regulatory bodies could kill crypto any day now... The sec is a coming and its jurisdiction is further than people realise.
>>
>>3244483
This will help the Blockchain platforms, ETH, NEO, ARDR, NXT, LSK. Not bitcoin.

Isn't it obvious?
>>
>>3244521
then why are IBM and other big, serious companies pushing blockchain technology?

https://www.ibm.com/blockchain
>>
>>3244544
okay, let me reformulate my question, why should I buy crypto currency if I believe in blockchain technology but not in crypt currency?

i've seen crypt currency pushers go like this: hurr durr jews, 21 million, replace paper money and HEY blockchains will be the next big thing
>>
>>3244611
cryptocurrency has its uses too. It can be used for darknetmarkets or funding things that maybe illegal or shifting wealth to avoid tax etc etc
>>
>>3244611
so your question is
>why should i buy something i don't believe in

uh you shouldn't.
>>
>>3244611
I answered that in the first post. Buy the Blockchain platforms. i.e the cryptos which offer the Blockchain as a service, as a platform or as a product.
>>
sounds to me like the most logical thing to happen will be the blockchain platforms being yuge + bitcoin, which will be the one and only blockchain-based currency.
>>
>>3244952
>>3244952
no, you did only say HURR DURR buy this shit. you didn't say WHY, as in which economic mechanism will cause the price of an ETC to rise IF blockchains become big AND people realise crypt currency is worthless as currency

if I buy a fucking rare tulip onion and rich niggers suddenly start loving rare tulips, the price of rare tulip onions will rice because demand and supply

if i buy a fucking oil rig and shit hits the fan in the middle east, the price of oil rigs will rise because when the oil price hits $400, demand for oil rigs is high and supply is fixed in the short run

so, can you explain WHY in this sense?

because it seems to me that miners are just a bunch of retards giving away their CPU power to strengthen the blockchain and the only reward they get is some coins with no real value
>>
>>3245392
You could try researching about smart contracts and the use case of the cryptos I mentioned.

They are not supposed to be used as currency (although sometimes they are). They will be used to "fuel" the applications which will run ON the Blockchain.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.