[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Sold all my monero a few days ago for .019 >Sold 20k ZRX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: o69h979y9-69.jpg (45KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
o69h979y9-69.jpg
45KB, 480x270px
>Sold all my monero a few days ago for .019
>Sold 20k ZRX on etherdelta after day 1 of ICO for .00037, missed getting in day 2, then sold my remaining 18k for .0007
>Bought DNT at 600 sats, missed selling at 6k

Up over 500pct from buy-in in January thanks to Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum and Golem but it still sucks to suck.
Ya know what i mean, /biz/?
>>
>>3221843
You're day trading so you're going to get burned. The market as a whole is going up. Why don't you just pick some coins you believe in and hold for longer than a few days?
>>
>>3222002

I'm just doing all the right things the wrong way.
I held XMR for months and sold with the smallest upswing, not realizing the fact that it was about to get traded w/ 0 fees by the koreans and pumped to shit in a couple of days.
I tried to day trade an ICO play for quick profit, not realizing it'd 15x.
I tried to quick flip DNT (one week-ish), then got emotionally attached on the pump and missed selling the top (the opposite of my ZRX play).

So, basically I'm smart enough to get myself into good positions but not smart enough to executive effectively. The only thing really saving my ass is the fact that crypto is so incessantly bullish
>>
>>3222002
daytrader here, can confirm: it's pretty fucked unless you are extremely fast, have fast internet/computer, and multiple monitors with alerts to help you track sudden price movements.

i actually had fucking omg at $3, ans/neo at $14, and civic at $0.16, but sold because i was (and to a certain extent still am) a fucking impatient "daytrader" twat....feels bad man
>>
>>3222109
i'm in the same boat, and the only reason i'm making gainz today and yesterday was by setting limit orders to trigger whilst i'm away from the computer. this reduces the sheer amount of stupid mistakes i make while sitting at the computer, getting emotional and fomo'ing in at high asking prices.

try setting orders scattered around your target entry/exit points, based on your analysis and just walk the fuck away.
>>
>>3222155
do you go all in on every trade or something? you gotta stop being so attached.
>>
>>3222167

I like where your head is at.
Setting limit orders / stop losses is what I do with my typical stock trading (with the exception of pink sheets), but I fear that doing so in crypto can become a liability due to the incredible volatility. Maybe we work on setting price alerts? Is blockfolio good for this?
>>
>>3222252
yea bf gives you price alerts.

right now i just spend time doing TA, set some buy orders scattered around, then check back later to see if my TA was correct, and if it was then the buys got filled and so I set up the sell orders.

that's been working out a lot better than trading while at the computer, because like i said i get emotional and either panic buy at a high ask, or panic sell at a low bid.

you also have to set a target, either in your spreadsheet or mentally or in some paper journal, of where you want to enter and exit specific positions.

for example i fucked up with monaco this morning..i saw the trend reverse upward but didn't want to "take the risk" of it going down because i couldn't think of any news that would drive it higher. forgot that chinese/japs/koreans wake up like 5 times a day to gamble on crypto
>>
>>3222252
one last thing, the volatility works to your advantage if you want to continue daytrading...that's where all the potential compounded gainz come from. but like i said you need fast comp/internet and multiple screens to really do well at day trading and also TA because all cryptos are moving on TA signals similar to stocks
>>
and this is why it's called the patient holder master race.
>hurr durr trading gets you more money.
yeah, ok. i think i'm doing just fine with my holding :)
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.