[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would happen with BCC if BTC prices plummented? Would mining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1503052093604.jpg (75KB, 960x724px) Image search: [Google]
1503052093604.jpg
75KB, 960x724px
What would happen with BCC if BTC prices plummented?
Would mining become lot's more profitable, and thus causing a landslide downwards for bitcoin?
>>
if BTC somehow dipped to the low 3000s flippening would commence as BCC would be 100% more profitable to mine.

It would be rebranded as BTC and all the exchanges would accept that instead. There would be a massive price jump to nearly 10k before plummeting along with the rest of the cryptomarket.

Coins like XMR, Dash, ETH or ZEC would probably retain most of their value or dip the least.
>>
>>3221731
It doesn't feel like BCC has the right solutions though for the same problem if that would happen
>>
I don't know but I would expect a lot more bitching about how bch is killing crypto in general.
>>
surely btc will just increase the block size after this scare
>>
>>3221731
Flippenin my ass

I remember during the korean gambling pump and dump, and that halvening hit, it was 168% more profitable to mine on the BCH chain.

What happened?

All those fuckers put it into BTC, or otherwise cashed the fk out and the price fell down to 600 and has since done jack shit

Meanwhile, BTC holdin strong at 4200 floor.

Then, ope, those miners mined so hard the BCH difficulty tripled. My bad, going back to the BTC for a bit.

Fucking see saw

Never gonna flippening permanent

shit, I got baited huh.

fk it
>>
>>3221934
solid answer though
>>
Basically put, its just a monkey riding on the back of BTC. It will never have enough impact on its own to take down the big dog.

However, this might be part of the Chinese plan.

Get enough monkeys on its back and maybe you can take the fucker down.

However - this will likely not happen. Just like when all the hash went to BCH and they were converting it back into BTC.

BTC is the anchor - you take that down and it will be a goddamn free for all between all the alts.

Which - put a certain may not be such a bad thing.

Leads one to think though - which is better everything being pegged to BTC which is still correcting against its growth and BCH / S2x FUD - and yet is still holding strong? (Ie a solid point of reference arguably holding up crypto)

Or - less 'centralized' or 'pegged' and fucking free for all. This would of course come with a fat loss in confidence from the public towards the crypto market as a whole - likely stifling new money at least till the dust clears. And with word of hedge funds and goldman and whatnot wanting to get in - do we really want to scare them off?

On the other hand - free for all - the real cream of the crop would (ideally) rise to the top, right? The ones with the best product, tech, real-world-implementation (biggie where none come close to BTC currently)

Heres the thing - human corruptibility, greed, desire to manipulate prices and attack competitors, etc etc. The ideal will not rise to the top, it will be just as flawed as the whales that end up running the whole show.

Not that they dont already - but I think they run it less so with BTC at the top currently.
>>
Can't topple the King. When will you faggots learn.
>>
>>3221984
this
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.