[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/, you really helped me in turning my life around and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1422377974579.jpg (760KB, 1280x1656px) Image search: [Google]
1422377974579.jpg
760KB, 1280x1656px
Hey /biz/, you really helped me in turning my life around and giving me the skills to get a job where I'll be making $65k at 22. I'm trying to plan out the route ahead in regards to investing and saving up my money, and I was wondering if there was anything I'm missing or need to change. Here's my steps so far:

>pay off student loans/any other debt, keep $1k in the bank as small emergency fund
>build up emergency fund to a little more than 3-6 months of living expenses
>match the max of my employer's 401k contribution, it's free money
>contribute yearly max to a regular or roth IRA using a combination of the "subtract your age from 120" rule and three-fund portfolio (VTSAX, VTIAX, VBTLX), though from what i've been told i may hold off on VBTLX until i'm a little older
>open a personal brokerage account and, using the same allocation scheme as the IRA, contribute as much money as i can save to it
>invest in BTC

Is there anything that I can improve on or change?
>>
>>3205311
you nailed it buddy.

Im 35, and wish I were where you're at right now. I would diversify Crypto with ETH as well.

Also, stay healthy and fit, to avoid trips to the doctors later on.

by 30, you will be years ahead of me.

I have no debt, 50k cash in the bank, 30k in crypto, and 30k in 403b (i work for government). This is where I should've been at 25, but I fucked around too much.

Best of luck to you.
>>
>>3205311
also...make every oppurtunity to enjoy your fucking twenties-- I can't stress that enough. Let loose time to time, at least once/twice a year with good friends.

It will come and go as fast as this thread will archive. Any 30+ year olds can chime in as well on this. I'm not fucking joking.
>>
>>3206297
>>3206357
Bump, I'm 25.
>>
>>3205311
What are you gonna be doing for work, anon?
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.