[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I've stumbled onto an Ebay scam? I wasn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: ebay-logo-MAIN.jpg (100KB, 2197x1463px) Image search: [Google]
ebay-logo-MAIN.jpg
100KB, 2197x1463px
I think I've stumbled onto an Ebay scam?

I wasn't sure where else to post, not sure what to make of it. I ordered six "5pc lots" of magnets for a project I was working on. Received a message from the seller asking if I could buy each lot one by one.

I told them I would do that next time, but I would like the merchandise I already paid for. They insisted, I didn't feel like fighting it. Got my refund, bought them one by one.

They said they needed the orders and positive feedback.

Now that I've done that they're offering to send me money to place more orders and they'll compensate me $50 to do it.

What exactly are they doing here and is this violating some rule? Obviously it's some Chinese seller but what is the overall objective aside their stated one?
>>
>>3202668
>scam
>they needed the orders and positive feedback
>what is the overall objective
2 + 2 = ?
>>
>>3202668
I think if you sell over a certain amount of customers, you get to enroll as a store that let's you do more and for cheaper (ebay currently takes 10 percent off all non-store sellers)
>>
>>3203056
*I meant Ebay keeps 10 percent of your earnings from the sale if you have no store, which is a rip off.
>>
>>3202668
I ordered 15 euros worth of electronic shit on Ebay 2 years ago, never received anything, couldn't complain anywhere to get a refund.

This place is absolute shit and I'm never buying on this website anymore.

Same for Alibaba though, bought for 10 USD worth of shit on Alibaba, never received it. I was refunded (chinks > jews), but the seller was sending me messages like
> Remove your complain, the merchandise is coming
> OMG I have kids to feed pls

Online retail is still shit. Amazon is ok, though, but I don't like this American giant eating everybody.
>>
>>3203104
Yhr fuck are you on about?

Ebay has very good buyer protection. Did you even try? I recently bought something from a seller and never received anything, no communication from seller, (seller had several years of good feedback but all of a sudden around the time I bought no one was receiving anything... maybe they died or something?), and it was pretty hassle free to escalate the issue to eBay and receive a full refund.
>>
The fuck*
>>
eBay is absolute dogshit. A vestige of the dotcom boom that refuses to die.
>>
>>3203325
Exactly, the only way you can lose money on eBay is by being a seller (i.e. people claiming they never received anything, or demanding a refund and screwing you out of your original postage costs).
>>
>>3203104
You sir are a fool.
Go to item, click 'I didn't receive this', let Ebay do the work and you get refunded.

Too late now, but fuck me, you're thick if you dont know the basics. Ebay is almost certainly the best site for buyer protection, the fuckers will give buyers refunds almost always in a dispute. I know this, as I am a seller and get buyer scammed regularly. Someone was even selling an item that they said they didn't receive , while claiming a refund from me and getting it.

You deserve to lose your money for being a dick.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.