[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We are on the cusp of widespread adoption of decentralized web

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: CxbF65iXgAAA4BR.jpg (37KB, 1200x683px) Image search: [Google]
CxbF65iXgAAA4BR.jpg
37KB, 1200x683px
We are on the cusp of widespread adoption of decentralized web services because of growing fears of censorship, net neutrality erosion, and idealogical disagreements between tech giants and the users they profit off of through data mining.

Shiftnrg will be huge. There are already decentralized web protocols out there like zeronet, but zeronet is slow, underdeveloped and lacks the permanence and loyalty shift will have. Shift runs on blockchain tech so there is incentive to upkeep the network because people will be making money through it's use. Zeronet does not have this going for it. Devs as well as the community are very active and have quickly fixed any issues shift has had.

The main net launches in September and they have refused to market it until they show their working product. You homos can get it on Trex, it just pumped a little so wait for a better target. Thank me when this goes from a 14 mil market cap to 300 mil at least.
>>
Sorry I don't think I shilled this the proper /biz/ way. Let me fix that.

GET ON THIS ROCKET NOW FGTS LAST CHANCE BEFORE MOON MISSION 1!!!11
>>
I wanted to buy a few days ago because the idea sounded amazing. After a few hours of research I decided not to invest. Smells too much like vaporware and I believe it will take at least 3-5 years before they have a product that could get mass adoption. Many things could happen in that time, including the team fucking off.

This is a very long-term hodl with a very high chance of failure. Sure, some might get rich if they bought early, but this is not the 3 months moon mission that most of you weak handed faggots hope it will be.
>>
How is this better than Brave?
>>
>>3201861
It's not a browser, at least they have no browser for now. They want to make the web decentralized, which means everybody seeds the sites they visit so that they are hosted by everyone who wants to seed and view them. It's kind of like how torrents work. You don't have to go through a centralized server to get the content.

>>3201859
We will see adoption as soon as main net launches and is proven to work well. I expect a torrent site up in months.
>>
What's the feasibility of a blockchain-based 4chan? No servers, messages would be stored in the blockchain and hosted on distributed nodes.

I'm guessing the CP would scare everyone away from running nodes.
>>
>>3201905
just use IPFS
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.