[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does Bitfinex require any sort of authentication/address confirmation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Bitfinex-Logo.png (10KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
Bitfinex-Logo.png
10KB, 1000x600px
does Bitfinex require any sort of authentication/address confirmation to withdraw? I'm from US and want to buy some IOTA, which I would then immediately send to a wallet. I just don't wanna get stuck not being able to withdraw it. I will do a test run with a small amount first anyway, but I was just wondering.
>>
What if bitfinex shuts off u.s. account withdraws while you are trying to do this? Why not just wait for bittrex?
>>
>>3196432
As long as you are not transacting with them in USD you are fine, no verification needed.
>>
>>3196581

I already checked the box that I'm not a US citizen, so I don't think that would affect me. that seems to be their lazy way of verifying so far. not sure if they will ask for more verification later.
>>
>>3196647

cool. yeah I plan to send ETH or BTC over, buy IOTA, then withdraw to wallet... then no more transactions with bitfinex ever.
>>
You can always but OTC from the YDX slack channel. Thats how iota was traded before it hit bitfinex

https://forum.iota.org/t/how-to-buy-iota-otc-on-the-official-slack/1178
>>
>>3196688

thanks for that, I'll look into it.
>>
just wanna bump one time to see if anyone else has input or remembers if they had to verify before making a withdrawal? thhanks. then I'll let this die.
>>
I'm was able to deposit and withdraw without any credentials whatsoever

Related question:
Bittrex requires name, address other information for a "basic" account, otherwise I csant withdraw
Can I put bullshit in there or will I have to verify with ID?
>>
Dude, IOTA wallets right now are, uh, not good. IOTAs being lost, won't reattach to the Tangle, never shows up, etc. Look it up. Many holders just keeping them on the exchange, including myself, the wallets are so bad.

Also, you should create a new address if you withdraw anything from an IOTA address, security reasons.
>>
>>3197579

So I put in my address on Bitfinex, but for some reason it told me it "couldn't verify my name/address" even though I gave my real information. This was an immediate response, so they must have some type of public records... not sure why it didn't work for me though.

anyway then they asked me for my phone number to do text message verification... and that was enough to reach the basic level or whatever and withdraw. so if you're willing to put your phone in, that's enough.
>>
>>3198583
>Dude, IOTA wallets right now are, uh, not good. IOTAs being lost, won't reattach to the Tangle, never shows up, etc. Look it up. Many holders just keeping them on the exchange, including myself, the wallets are so bad.

hmmm, I've been following the IOTA subreddit (and reading about crypto in general every day for weeks), and I haven't heard anything about that. most people seem to recommend the GUI light wallet it seems.

only problem I have heard of is people generating "random" seeds with powershell that aren't actually random.
>>
File: download.jpg (16KB, 291x173px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
16KB, 291x173px
>>3198583
IOTA wallet seems to be just in the teething phase. No funds are ever lost, it is just that the UX is a little poor. A wallet redesign is coming around Sept I believe.

>>3198791
The powershell issue is the only major issue thus far identified, and it is not an issue with iota, but an issue with how Microcuck decided to fuck up GetRandom in the powershell
>>
>>3198899

so you would recommend the wallet over keeping it in an exchange?
>>
>>3198927
I keep 50% in my wallet (with the seed stored in keepass), and 50% on the exchange to use for selling when I wanna buy shit. Bitfinex has an address whitelist option so you lock down where you can withdraw to, as well as having 2fa etc.
>>
>>3198962
>Also, you should create a new address if you withdraw anything from an IOTA address, security reasons.

thanks.

also is what this guy said above..

>Also, you should create a new address if you withdraw anything from an IOTA address, security reasons.

true at all?

gonna get started now buying iota on bitfinex and trying to transfer to a wallet. wish me luck.
>>
>>3199010

oops accidentally posted that quote twice
>>
>>3199010
Your iota address will change every time you send or recieve from it. You shouldn't reuse an old address as it is less secure. The wallet makes this really easy.
>>
>>3199036
Good on you as well anon for realizing iota is the best crypto of the last 5 years. Once you start sending your money fee free around the world, you will finally realise what the devs have done.
>>
>>3199043

cool. thanks for your help. you should hang around for 30 minutes in case I run into problems or have more questions :)
>>
File: gains.png (19KB, 439x649px) Image search: [Google]
gains.png
19KB, 439x649px
50% of my stash.
>>
>>3199088
Will do anon
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.