[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /biz/, I graduated college late 2015 but I've been lost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1445975383791.jpg (17KB, 385x387px) Image search: [Google]
1445975383791.jpg
17KB, 385x387px
Hi /biz/,

I graduated college late 2015 but I've been lost ever since. I graduated with a history degree, but that really isn't the problem in itself. I'm sure I could get a decent job maybe not a dream one. But as school was coming to an end I got this sense of terrible dread and I've tried to go back to school to take some classes for pre-PA school but I wasn't able to finish my classes (as opposed to regular college). I have this deep pessimism for whatever reason, which is compounded by living in my parents' house again after college. My parents are control freaks and I feel like I can't do my work with them looming over me. I haven't given up, but my parents have give up on my after attempting school a few times. I understand where they're coming from, that I'm wasting their money or whatever (except that they're pretty rich...), but now I want to do school again and they said they're not paying for it. Is there any way I can raise money somehow? If not, I have no clue what job I can get. I have no clue about jobs or anything. My parents or school didn't teach me shit and I hate social interaction. Please just give me some direction /biz/. Pour scorn on my if you have to but please give me something uplifting. I feel lost...
>>
Become a college professor. Period. Do it! I'm 64 and a lot like you. Do it. Don't wait.
>>
>>3187654
i hear the odds for that are slim. again, maybe it's my pessimism, but i'm not sure i can handle writing all those papers living a precarious existence without any guarantee of getting tenure in the end
>>
>>3187619

Get a government job. They usually have good conditions. Get out of your parents house. Live frugally with roommates, try not spending on anything aside travel, invest as much as you can in crypto or stocks.
>>
>>3187619
Threaten to kill yourself if they don't pay for it. If you're somewhat convincing and not a nuisance to you parents it'll probably work.
>>
>>3187619
Stop living off your parents, go get a job. You spoilt faggot. Time to get hit with a slice of reality you fuck. Your a rich and you are a loser who has been able to do what he wants when most others can't. Stop being such a fucken little pussy and go get a job like everyone else in the world who at best mildly hates their jobs.
>>
What coin is this
>>
>>3187706
It's cynical but I admit I've thought of it kek. They've literally made me take anti-depressants on the condition I do better in school and that in itself makes me depressed than any actual mental illness.
>>3187689
It is so easy to get a government job? Also how do you find roommates I am a total idiot when it comes to running my life, though I've read a couple personal finance books lately to help me get a better sense of management.

i already appreciate the advice so far btw
>>
>>3187722
>>3187722
>Stop living off your parents, go get a job.
I agree with the entire thrust of your post and I am getting a shitty job at a supermarket kek. But what else is there besides these kinds of jobs? I am admittely ignorant about everything. I've been raised a latchkey kid so I've effectively lived in solitary confinement my whole life or if not that ideological solitary confinement because of the religious values I was raised with.
>>
>>3187654
64? And I thought I was the oldfag around here.
t. 40 year old
>>
File: 1498381520073.png (687B, 12x12px) Image search: [Google]
1498381520073.png
687B, 12x12px
>>3187733
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.