[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buy ripple at its peak >panic sell low >buy civic instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1503489261233.png (48KB, 888x1185px) Image search: [Google]
1503489261233.png
48KB, 888x1185px
>buy ripple at its peak
>panic sell low
>buy civic instead because it's supposed to moon
>ltc starts mooning and no one notices civic
>civic crashes back to where it came from
>sell civic and buy ltc at its peak
>panic sell ltc when it crashes

am i gonna make it biz,,,,
>>
>>3184391
the first lesson I learned was to be patient and only buy coins you can see yourself holding for a while. doesnt mean you cant buy smaller alts but I think you should atleast like the project behind it or have another reason other than making money.

so if you get unlucky you can just wait it out, if you are smart about entering the market you should go even within a week or so unless something bad happens.
>>
>>3184391
you are a step late, think of it like this when you make a desicion
>>
File: LTCMoonWojak.png (503KB, 796x610px) Image search: [Google]
LTCMoonWojak.png
503KB, 796x610px
>>3184391
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
/BIZ/ SAID THIS COIN IS DEAD
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
Don't fomo buy. Dont sell at a loss. Dont buy things you dont understand. It is ok to miss am opportunity. There will be hundreds more.

DO NOT FOMO BUY. DO NOT SELL AT A LOSS. DO NOT BUY THINGS YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. IT IS OK TO MISS AM OPPORTUNITY. THERE WOLL BE HUNDREDS MORE.
>>
>>3184440
what I want to add to this is, it's not always bad to be late. sure you couldve made more money if you could see the future but it's simply not reality.

the thing is to learn when it is still early on and when you are too late. if something has taken off hard with immense volume you can still buy on the first pullback and make great gains. If something is slowing down however or the move has basically played out and there is less and less momentum in the uptrend you should GTFO.

But I myself am rather new to this but simply observing volume, waiting for pullbacks and using Storch RSI and trendlines has helped me out a lot in my decisionmaking. Not saying it's the end all be all but it can give you a good indication if it is a good idea to enter the market or wait just a little bit longer.
>>
>>3184519
also what seems strangely true so far is if a move with a lot of momentum is about to end there is usually a huge green candle at the top and right after that it will dip and probably not come back up to that high.

but that is just an observation I personally made I have no idea if there is any logic behind this ?
>>
>>3184519
very good way to look at things,
you my friend will make it
>>
How many times do I have to tell people

DON'T SELL AT A LOSS

The only time you loose money is when you sell at a loss.

Litecoin specially won't crash.
Civic won't crash.
Ripple won't crash.

You just fucked yourself hard in the ass
>>
>>3184391
Literally whatever you are about to do, do the opposite.

this is a strategy I might start trying bc whatever I normally do, the opposite of what I want happens
>>
>>3185272
Trust noone not even yourself
>>
File: tears2.jpg (4KB, 249x175px) Image search: [Google]
tears2.jpg
4KB, 249x175px
>>3185287
>>
>>3184489
This

Astronauts board the rocket BEFORE launch. Don't try to jump on afterwards. Regroup and look for the next opportunity
>>
Buy high sell low
Its the only way to go
>>
>>3184519
>>3185257

This is terrible advice. A loss is a loss even if you don't realize it.

Let's do a thought exercise.

You buy 1000 units of Crypto @ 1000 SAT. You just spent 1,000,000 SAT. This is your cost basis.

Crypto falls to 950, your stop loss, and you sell for 950,000. You just lost 5%.

Crypto declined to 600, closer to market equilibrium, and you just picked a bad entry point.

You decide to rebuy crypto at 600 because you like the project and the it looks like it hasn't pumped in a while. You buy ~1580 units.

By selling and rebuying your position just grew by 58%.

If you didn't sell for a small loss your position would only have 1000 units vs 1580 units AND you'd be paying the opportunity cost of not being able to buy into other coins because you were tied up in a losing trade.

Not selling for a loss is the kind of a logic that takes an XRP bagholder from 18k sat to 4k sat.

Always have a stop-loss plan and don't be afraid of getting out of a bad trade.
>>
>>3185638
Re-read this post anons. Then re-read it again. This is how it's done.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.