[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone finally explain me this "holding price down"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1502902003772.jpg (65KB, 460x763px) Image search: [Google]
1502902003772.jpg
65KB, 460x763px
Can someone finally explain me this "holding price down" by whales?
Are you saying this is only down by preventing people who look at the order book? Because I'd imagine most buyers in crypto don't look there all too often.
And if one whale puts up a sell wall, he'd still lose the asset when people spend (low) money. How can you put up a sell wall and accumulate at the same time?
Thank you
>>
File: 3.jpg (44KB, 550x801px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
44KB, 550x801px
Is she about to put a DGB in a few months or I'm just losing it?
>>
1. Put up sell wall on coin that has pretty low trade volume (so the wall doesn't just immediately get eaten by buyers)

2. wait until several people beat your price (due to impatience -- they don't want to have to wait ages for your wall to fall, after all)

3. Buy those lower sell orders
>>
> huge (artificial) sell wall
> there are hundreds of people exchanging as well
> at any given point of time, people will want to sell to make their gains or cut their losses
> people start undercutting the huge sell wall, dragging the price lower and lower........
> and lower and lower......
> it's possible that the whale puts up another sell wall and the price keeps going down
> whale accumulates cheap coins and then when he wants to strike, he goes for it
> whales operates in groups usually
>>
By having lots of money. You put a sell order for a huge amount of money to scare people into dumping. Meanwhile you snap the coins up at a low price. Then you delete the sell order and the other traders will gain buying confidence again. The coin pumps and you've managed to accumulate more of it at a cheap price by instilling fear in other traders.

Same thing with pump and dumps. You create confidence in he coin and others will help you pump it. Then you sell it at a high price. Then you buy low again and start instilling confidence once more.

Unfortunately you need millions to do this.
>>
>>3178554
You need millions yes, but if youre a poorfag like me you can daytrade really good with this. Got me from 0.2 to 7 btc in 3 weeks
>>
>>3178590
what coins did you swing trade
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.