[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone finally explain me this "holding price down"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Can someone finally explain me this "holding price down" by whales?
Are you saying this is only down by preventing people who look at the order book? Because I'd imagine most buyers in crypto don't look there all too often.
And if one whale puts up a sell wall, he'd still lose the asset when people spend (low) money. How can you put up a sell wall and accumulate at the same time?
Thank you!
>>
whales have enough capital to burn by selling low to scare people into also selling low, and hopefully lower and lower. then they scoop up more than they sold for cheaper.
>>
>>3176041
its just the argument bagholders make when their hyoerinflated coin slowly bleeds for a few weeks
>>
>>3176058
exactly what faggots said when ANS was $7.
>>
>put a huge sell order at 50 sats
>guarantee that the price of the coin will stay below 50
>buy tons of coins on the dips
>once you're satisfied with your bags, remove the wall
>profit
>>
>>3176055
this. It's particularly profitable for NEO because of GAS. 20,000 NEO gives you $250 GAS a day. That's more than a normies salary. I imagine some blue wales are holding even more than that.
>>
Doesn't happen near as often as people claim..anytime a pumped coin corrects in price (drops) you'll hear it's the whales holding it down
>>
>>3176041
No.

Holding the price down means people set condition sell orders above the current price so that for the price to rise the sell orders have to be filled first

People also put conditional buy orders so that the price does not drop too low
>>
>>3176068
exactly, the way these moons work is a slow down trend and then a fucking nuke upwards, repeat
>>
Stop looking at the $ price. BTC is the only thing that matters. BTC price has been a lot more consistent than the $ price
>>
>>3176072

>put huge sell wall at 50 sats
>everyone who knows enough to look at the orders books sees
>oh some homo whale is trying to keep the price down
>he must know something I don't, I'd better buy up

In this age of trickery, it is impossible to know who is jewing who
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.