[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm working a minimum wage job and have a bunch of credit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1493325734192.jpg (215KB, 1499x1077px) Image search: [Google]
1493325734192.jpg
215KB, 1499x1077px
I'm working a minimum wage job and have a bunch of credit debt, I'm trying to organize my money to get myself on the right track. I'm switching to a no-fee bank and thinking about what kind of accounts I want to open.

My thoughts are this:
>A chequeing account for spending
>A chequeing account for bills and fixed-expenses (cell phone, rent, netflix)
>A standard savings account for an emergency fund
>A standard savings account for short-term savings (travel, large purchases)
>A TFSA for long term savings (future house)

Think this is smart? I'm trying to keep it simple. I'll be breaking up my paycheques so it's 50% to my bills/fixed-expenses, 20% broken up between my savings accounts, and 30% to my spending account.
>>
Invest in cryptos
>>
>>3175865
Oh, and I should mention that I will be taking all the money that would go towards savings and leftovers from fixed-expenses and use that to pay off my credit cards until they're at $0.

I also want to try and get new numbers for them so that they don't get hit by anything I don't expect.

>>3175892
Investing is something I want to get into, be it in cryptos or whatever. But having a bank account value in double digits, let alone in the positive, is probably required first.
>>
>Savings account in 2017
>0.025% interest
>MFW I make that in 5 minutes trading shitcoins
>>
>>3175910
2.3% interest, still not a lot but it's something. The majority of the money I'd be making in the savings accounts will obviously be from my personal contributions.
>>
>>3175933
You'd honestly be better off just holding something like ETH or BTC
>>
>>3175933
2.3% barely covers inflation, if that, depending on the area and time of year you compare it to.
They probably also have fees. For withdrawing, for not depositing a minimum amount that month, for not having what they consider 'enough' in there, etc.
So it is probably better to have it in just about any non-depreciating asset. Or yeah, crypto.

Banks are only useful for convenience of trade, for which a checking account is most fitting.
Since credit/debit is accepted almost everywhere, and wherever it is not, a checking account can buy or link to most other methods you may need.

Well, they're also for loans. But if you do not have a strict business plan for that then it's a dumb route to take.
>>
>>3175865
Kneepads seller
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.