[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Brendan Eich is already planning to sell BAT to facebook/google.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1KSH8E6.jpg (315KB, 2624x1825px) Image search: [Google]
1KSH8E6.jpg
315KB, 2624x1825px
So Brendan Eich is already planning to sell BAT to facebook/google. Do you realize how huge it would be? The facebook cryptocurrency? It would hit $10 within seconds and likely multiple hundreds. Do you faggots realize the power of these companies makes Bitcoin irrelvant in comparison
>>
Explain to me why facebook or google needs a cryptocurrency without sounding like a delusional retard.
>>
>>3171463
They would be paying for the contracts with content providers, publishers and advertisers. They don't care two shits about BAT.

Brendan is a good guy so he'll probably make them agree to keep BAT around as part of the deal.
>>
>>3171463
Brendan is about to change the ad business. Google and Facebook are not amused.
>>
>>3171504
>Brendan is a good guy
Based on what? The way the whole BAT ICO went down with the sudden changes right before it didn't really leave me with that feeling.
>>
>>3171463
Brave isn't a crypto. It's a browser with built-in privacy features.

While it has a connection to BAT, Brave could operate just fine without any BAT implementation.

FB/Google would buy the browser as it would allow them to be GDPR compliant; GDPR is the new data protection standard developed for the EU, which requires certain precautions/safeguards when sharing personal information that could easily be gleaned through cookies maintained by social media sites. Brave browser automatically blocks/prevents some cookies from gleaning that information natively, as I understand it, so it would be a case of tech giants needing to be compliant on a short timeframe, so they're going to buy a third-party solution specifically for GDPR compliance rather than spending considerable resources attempting to build their own (and potentially missing their implementation deadline).

Again, Brave =/= BAT, but BAT is being designed for the Brave browser, so if Brave gets bought out by a social media platform which then promotes it for their customers, it's likely to increase adoption, which would in turn make the BAT platform a viable alternative (because, as we all know, a significant portion of success for tech platforms is adoption/user count).
>>
>>3171542
well to be honestly, based on some of my coworkers who know him personally.
they all hate him, but they are complete faggots, so I figure Brendan can't be that bad.
>>
>>3171590
>which would in turn make the BAT platform a viable alternative
a viable alternative to the traditional powerhouses, i.e. AdWords/AdSense, et al.

BAT requires adoption/a user base to be truly successful. So a broader adoption of the Brave browser is the first step toward wide adoption and use of BAT.

Brave functions as a stand-alone, but BAT is designed to work with Brave, so IF BRAVE GETS SOLD, things will play out likely one of three ways:

1) Brave gets bought out and whoever buys it out wants it purely as a browser, requiring any ancillary functions to be implemented via extensions/add-ons similar to how Firefox or Chrome work. In this case, BAT likely has some potentially significant re-working to make their BAT protocol functional on a browser being supported and maintained by a third party (not ideal, but not the end of the world; also most likely scenario).

2) Brave is implemented with native BAT adoption, which is implemented in place of AdWords/AdSense (or whatever the FB equivalent is). Under this implementation, BAT becomes almost a native part of the Brave platform, and will likely become a key part of the future of internet advertising. This is probably the best-case scenario for BAT.

3) Brave is bought, and BAT functionality stripped out of the browser and/or the browser itself is vampirized by its new owners, with some elements being implemented in another, existing browser platform while both Brave and BAT are left out of the picture; essentially, the buyer would use the code of Brave without actually offering the Brave browser anymore, instead forcing Brave users to convert to another browser, as Brave is slowly phased out/becomes unsupported. If this happens, the BAT team likely has a lot of work to do to attempt to hack their product into some sort of functional extension for Firefox or Chrome (most likely Firefox); this kills the current roadmap, harms long-term adoption, and could potentially shut down the project altogether.
>>
>>3171591
He literally donated to make fag marriage illegal
>>
>>3171697
>>3171591
He must be the biggest fag of them all.
>>
>>3171678
if they buy it out it would be to kill it probably
>>
Its funny how cheap this shit is when its by far the most game changing tech, looking forwardt o some glorious riches this yr
>>
>>3171405
How many coins is Facebook and google buying this week? We are at 7 at this moment
>>
>>3171405
>might sell it one day, eventually if certain vaguely defined projections are met
This kike is kiking you, OP.
>>
>>3173209
I hope you get diarrhea tonight, and every night henceforth until cervical cancer ends your miserable life, roastie.
>>
BAT unironically looks like it's priming for a big gain cycle.

Could be related to this, 'buy the rumour' and all that.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.