[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone think miners are moving because of profitability?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (47KB, 689x624px)
file.png
47KB, 689x624px
It's a factor sure but all these people know profitability is changing in a day. BCC has been gaining more and more hashrate even as we get closer to the readjustment.
I'm betting the miners are switching for reasons other than price.
Jihan and co convinced the other miners that mining BCC at a loss for almost a week would be worthwhile. I'm guessing lots of backroom deals are going on and that even if BCC doesn't pump you won't see many of them going to core.
Why? I'm willing to bet it's everything Core has been saying about SegWit2x and potentially changing PoW. Miners would likely rather switch to BCC and secure a future for a chain, rather than nailing themselves to SegWit before Core changes Bitcoin forever.

So I ask all of you this, why would miners be switching over to BCC for short-term profit just to switch back to a chain by a set of dev's that are willing to publicly stab them in the back?
>>
Not that I want regulation because of have a whole lot less money but a lot of people would probably go to jail over insider trading for this mess.
>>
>>3167187
While I would argue this wouldn't be the worst example, considering the amount of money invested in bitcoin I actually think you're right.
Frigg did you see that post earlier today about someone taking out a hit on Jihan...I imagine with how things are going this is just the beginning....
>>
Miners are switching because chinese gov is playing gweilos like a damn fiddle. Effectively a hostile takeover of BTC by the chinese gov.
>>
>>3167159
My mining rigs switch coin within the same algo automatically to maximize profit.

I don't give a fuck about the politics. I want the money.
>>
>>3167437
Most retarded argument I've ever seen. If they want a hostile takeover they would've already done it during the 0 trade fee days when China had 90% of all BTC trade volume. It's now down to 15%.
>>
>>3167159
Miners would love if Core died. All Core has done the last year is attack and smear them.

They still need the money of course, so they'll mine Bitcoin mostly, but do what they can to keep Cash afloat and working well enough to be adopted.
>>
File: wu.png (21KB, 577x234px) Image search: [Google]
wu.png
21KB, 577x234px
>>3168121
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.