[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>accidentally buy ETH on coinbase with my bank account instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1501802838543.png (323KB, 524x800px) Image search: [Google]
1501802838543.png
323KB, 524x800px
>accidentally buy ETH on coinbase with my bank account instead of credit card
>lol 7 day wait
>you can't cancel transactions
>in my fury I delete my bank account as a payment method so I never accidentally select it again
>I immediately get an email telling me that the transaction was automatically cancelled because the selected payment method was no longer attached to my account during processing
>mfw when I just go back and purchase it with my debit card

HAHAHAHA. Fuck yes.
>>
Just tried this, and I'm not able to remove my account.
>>
system is dumb and broken.

or dont have the availbls funds in the account on the 7th day. saved myself once that way. dont know how manytimes before they gonna shut peiple down
>>
>>3165555
Do you have a debit card attached to your acct? Do you have a transaction processing you're trying to force cancel that's been there for a while?

I don't know the exact parameters of what happened, I didn't even do it on purpose, I was just trying to remove the bank account to not do it again in the future.
>>
>bought $1k worth of BTC from coinjar via aus bank transfer
>Received the BTC, immediately shifted it all to a different exchange for trading
>The next day, bank account is locked
>Call the bank, they said the transaction looked suspicious so they had reversed it
>Sort out the mess, look at the account, clearly shows $1000 going out and coming back in the next day
>Already traded my BTC for ETH
>Still haven't heard any complaint from coinjar

In short, I now appear, for now, to have gained $1000 AUD of free ETH
>>
>>3165535
So free monies>
>>
>>3165567
Yes and yes
>>
>>3165592
Hahaha, oh fuck anon. I wouldn't repeat it but congrats on the free coins.

>>3165599
Mine weren't free, I just cancelled a transaction that shouldn't be able to be cancelled.

>>3165606
It's possible because the transaction has been sitting it's been sufficiently processed to not allow your bank account to be removed. I removed my bank account within 2 minutes of accidentally charging it.
>>
>>3165592

My fucking bank locks my account for switching gas stations, but Coinbase is good? - its absurd.
>>
>>3165592
fuck coinjar. they charge a premium of $300 on bitcoin after usd/aud conversion
and they buy for $100 under their sell price. wtf is that
>>
>>3165631
Coinbase is 4% for cards, fuggin bought a BTC at 4k that's 160 still.

Gotta put that coin to fucking WORK.
>>
>>3165662
Why do I have to wait 40 days to increase my buy-limit on coinbase? Bitcoin could be 10k by then : (
>>
>>3165853
Well, if you're that desperate, find other ways of converting fiat to BTC.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.