[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there are many different crypto exchanges >prices vary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: rlly maeks u think.png (23KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
rlly maeks u think.png
23KB, 240x240px
>there are many different crypto exchanges
>prices vary across exchanges
>the same thing occasionally happens with stocks
>there are literally corporations making billions off if this fact
>somehow this doesn't happen in crypto

Why isn't arbitrage trading a thing in cryptocurrencies? It seems like an easy way to make money.
>>
>implying it isn't

Kek.
>>
>>3158218
Arbitage definitely is a thing.
>>
>>3158218
There is.
It's just a risky method in crypto as the time to move across exchanges can be lengthy and unpredictable.
>>
>>3158218
Arbitrage is the biggest legalized scam ever made normies probably get into that
>>
check out Rialto XRL
>>
It's out there, you just need to look for it. Just last night there was a madman over at CoinExchange.io who was buying 14 BTC worth of BCH at 0.201 while over at Bittrex, it was fluctuating around 0.190. Made a nice little profit off that one.
>>
>>3158912
I obviously stayed up later than I thought, because that was the night before, not last night.
>>
File: 1502985220742.gif (298KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
1502985220742.gif
298KB, 220x229px
>try to make arbitrage trade
>kraken is down again
>i'm left holding four million shitcoins
>>
>>3158218
The exchanges that have a different price you can't sell it for dollars. This is why the price is different. I tired this you will lose money if exchanges are equal in every way the price is the same
>>
>>3158218
How long does it take to transfer ethereum tokens btween exchanges?

yesterday OAX went on Binance and dropped to 50k while there was large volume on Liqui selling for 63k.

Thinking of doing this with DNT when it goes live on Binance at midnight. Its hard to estimate the crash though
>>
>>3158978
>>i'm left holding four million shitcoins
Don't worry your grandchildren will eat them.
>>
This is literally what XRL does and nobody knows about it
>>
>>3158218
Much of the money HFT firms make is drawn from price arbitrage. In stocks, their machines are co-located with the major exchanges, computing price fluctuations and sending orders faster than the blink of an eye. Microseconds.

This is also happening with the faster, bigger cryptos. You can see the algos at work in ETH and LTC graphs with the sharp rises and sharp drops, especially lately. They feed on volatility.

Ironically, increasing transaction speed doesn't benefit human traders. It helps the bots. All of us plebs can only gamble on macro events, in the long term.

And yes, there are definitely crypto algo firms with access to the order flow of major crypto exchanges. Mutual funds, banks, everyone is getting fucked by the interceding hyperfast electro middlemen. Crypto is their wet dream.

>"whales"
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.