[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Buys coffee with bitcoin in the morning >Waits for conformations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: the future.jpg (33KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
the future.jpg
33KB, 450x300px
>Buys coffee with bitcoin in the morning
>Waits for conformations to complete
>30min later
>Coffee becomes cold
>Line backs up
>50 min later
>Late for shekelsbergs company
>60 min later
>car getting written up because the meter ran out.
>All conformations have completed

Bitcoin is the future guys..
>>
why do nocoiners think you have to wait for confirmations to complete in order to finish a transaction?

the second you send the money, the transaction is finished.

it's going to arrive, there's nothing stopping it from reaching it's destination.

moron
>>
>>3156800

nope, it has to confirm.
>>
>>3156800
But how will the other party be certain that you actually sent the money?

Because of confirmations, retard.
>>
>>3156805
nope, you're a retarded nocoiner

kys
>>
>>3156757
>$2 fee for a $5 coffee

This is why I shill IOTA
>>
>>3156812
because you're doing a fucking face to face transaction? holy shit you're stupid
>>
S e g w I t
E
G
W
I
T

&

L N
N
>>
>>3156829
So you're going to show them your phone and promise you really paid? No way that could go wrong.

I literally know a guy who did that with online banking payments and scammed restaurants with it.
>>
>>3156832
This. LN soon.
>>
>>3156866
>$100 LN tx fee
>>
Nocoiners plz sudoku
Btc transactions are irreversible that's why you don't need to wait for confirmations - just need to check that the correct address has been used ffs
>>
>>3156800
you obviously have 0 knowledge of computing, let alone blockchain.
>>
>>3156877
>$
Deprecated.
>>
>>3156891
>ever doubting the Yellencoin
>>
>>3156887
then explain why you have to wait for 6 fucking confims everywhere
>>
>>3156832
> Hey sir, it has been over an hour and it appears that no one wants to trade their btc for ltc via lightning network. Sorry for our inconvenience.
>>
>>3156904
You only need 1 to trade on more legit exchanges. more for withdrawal
>>
>>3156904
To protect from doublespending.
6 confirmations meaning 6 blocks deep in the chain hence on theory one attacker won't have pooled more than 10% of hashrate. You can also accept btc without any confirmation but then you would risk losing them
>>
>>3156805
When you pay with your debit card you don't wait your payment confirmation.
But bitcoin remain shit nevertheless.
>>
>>3156887
This. It might take a few days, or even weeks, if you use a super low fee (or even no fee at all), but eventually it will be confirmed.
>>
Confirmations play a more important role when you're transacting with big amounts of money. No one is gonna try to bamboozle you for a fucking coffee.
>>
Bitcoin fucking sucks. It only sticks around because it was the first, but in reality, it really sucks. Admit it.
>>
>buy coffee with DGB
>burn face because the transaction went so fast the employee threw it in your face
>>
>>3156757
With Bitcoin Cash you don't have to wait for confirmations.
Confirmations are a must when blocks are full, because you can never be sure if it's going to confirm at all.

Btw, bch only needs satoshi/byte tx fee. That's 0.1 CENT for tx currently.
>>
>>3158617
>Yes sir, one large pepperoni pizza in 30 minutes sir! That'll be 20 Dollar Moneys, plus tip.
>>
>>3158339
You haven't met the crypto niggers yet
>>
>buy coffee with bitcoin in the morning
>use TenX card
>payment transacts instantly
>sit and drink my coffee for 30 minutes while laughing at OP sitting in the nocarder waiting area
>>
>buys coffee with gold bar in the morning
>wait for casher to gather supplies
>10 minutes later
>cashier is checking the price of gold and shaving off the exact amount on to his scale
>someone opens the door and a gust of wind blows the gold shavings off the scale. money just lost like that.
>50 minutes later
>get cold coffee. shove giant gold bar into my fanny pack and walk away
wow...
>>
>>3159641
lul
>>
>>3156812
When you pay with a debit card the funds aren't actually transferred until sometime later.
>>
Correct but it's still clears and I get my coffee instantly
>>
>go to the coffee shop
>order a latte
>"that'll be 5 coffeebucks"
>realize that I'm only hodling cafetokens
>"j-just a second"
>pull out my phone and frantically look up an exchange
>the only site that still deals with cafetoken is c-cex
>exchange rate is 800 cafetokens per coffeebuck
>I paid 50 cents each for these during the ICO...
>3 hours later I finally manage to transfer the coins to and off c-cex with a minor 15% fee
>effectively pay $2300 for my drink and leave
>"ahem"
>oh yeah, the tip
>the only general purpose currency I have is BTC
>smallest unit I can tip is 1 satoshi which is currently valued at over $40,000
>don't want to hold up the line anymore so I just send her the damn satoshi and wait 90 minutes for confirmations
>decide to call it a day after all that stress
>hail a taxi
>the sign says that they only accept cabcash
>remember that /biz/ tricked me into investing in taxipay
>decide to walk home
>>
Crypto probably has some future.

But,
Bitcoin is not the future. It's prehistoric, outdated, shit ware from 2009.
>>
>>3156757

this would be akin to buying coffee with gold bars, of course you convert to something else for day to day spending money
>>
>>3159999
lol I like this new meme..
>>
>>3159999
made me kek
>>
>>3156757
any transaction you make with your cute apple or android pay, visa, master card and so on so on, are never ever real time.
first you get a virtual number just to comfort you that the other part received the money, after minutes or hours in the shadows of technology, the money arrives.
you will never complain because you will never really know, same goes for bitcoin.
once the coin is sent from a to b you cannot change it, even if it was not fully approved by the blockchain, b already owns the coin from the moment you send it.
got it?
>>
>>3156757
nice thread!
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.