[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just curious /biz/. Would selling $100k worth of an altcoin drive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Just curious /biz/. Would selling $100k worth of an altcoin drive its price down?
>>
>>3138224
God damn, would racemix/10
>>
>>3138224
Depends on the coin. ETH is an altcoin, selling 100K wouldn't do shit.
>>
>>3138224
It depends if you fill all the buy orders at a certain price level. If that happens, you'll then start filling buy orders at lower and lower prices, until you've sold all of your $100k.

The prices we see are the prices of the last executed trade between a buyer and seller.
>>
>>3138234
I am talking about new altcoins that just reached above $100

>>3138230
Fiona Barron
>>
>>3138224
it all depends on the marketcap and volume
>>
>>3138353
>>3138247

How do I learn more about this? Is there any resource online?
>>
>>3138378

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/o/order-book.asp

the order book is only so deep both on sell and buy sides. if you sell a lot of coins at once you are fulfilling orders on the buy side. typically people want to buy low so you can sell into their orders progressively sinking the price lower and lower as you go through the higher priced orders.
>>
>>3138378
Several ways to view it. One way is to go to https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/

Click on your alt, click the 'markets' tab, then click on the pair that'll take to the exchange you want/have access to. You'll then see the order book and depth chart for that coin, on that exchange. For example, Eth/Btc on Poloniex https://poloniex.com/exchange/#btc_eth
>>
It most likely would.

For instance, you hold 50,000 ShitcoinX worth $2 each. You place a sell order for $1.99 with all your 50,000 of your ShitcoinX. People will sell their's because... well... they want money and they won't mind undercutting you 1 cent. This keeps on happening, and the price eventually plummets to Earth.

This is also a strategy by whales to lower the prices of a coin. Then, they accumulate the shitcoin at the dips. They'll wait until they want to pump it, and then they'll buy a new lambo.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.