[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have 10 seconds to explain why BTC won't experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: HTB1mk4VKVXXXXX3XVXXq6xXFXXXm.jpg (113KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
HTB1mk4VKVXXXXX3XVXXq6xXFXXXm.jpg
113KB, 1000x667px
You have 10 seconds to explain why BTC won't experience a chain death spiral once BCCs difficulty reduces.
>>
Miners leave BTC for BCC -> less competition in BTC -> BTC mining profitiability increases again

Or else: blockstream et al set up btc mining
>>
More miners in bcc will reduce profit ,and bcc will have no real users
>>
>>3130230
because btc can adopt their own eda if needed
>>
>>3130238
This. More miners on BCC means less profits again.

I suspect the 2 coins might just even out.
>>
>>3130230
Because we have instant transactions with segwit who needs confirmation time
>>
>>3130870

good luck having that within the next 6 months. meanwhile nobody will be able to mine bitcoin blocks because of the huge difficulty and lack of hashpower.

bitcoin cash will experience a miniature gold rush this week. I wouldn't be surprised to see it reach 4k.
>>
>>3130238
>>3130857
There's no "competition", that's not how hashing works or difficulty works. It will take until the next difficulty adjustment for BTC mining to regain profitability, an adjustment which gets farther away the more miners leave.
>>
We'll be ok after the miners even out - it'll end up killing "dump coins" profits.. BTC down 20% for a while, will rebound for profits at Fiscal end.

Im still wondering whats going on with the NY split fork in November. Anybody have any insight?

(Also, finally a thread that isn't FUD/Shiller brokers)
>>
ASIC Boost segwit and lightning network
>>
>>3130230
BCC isn't taken anywhere.
>>
>>3130230

Because there will be another adjustment to difficulty in the future, and that will skyrocket BCC difficulty and miners will go back to btc, then again the other way, but a little less.

Part of the protocol is adjusting difficulty based on what the hashing power is, and the algorithm seeks equilibrium over time, but it is not instantaneous, especially when there is so much compute power in play...
>>
>>3130238
The hash death idea is that the chain dies before the difficulty manages to correct. It takes two weeks normally.
>>
miners mine all kinds of coins...now they also mine some bcc...
a coin that is being mind -> MOOON

biz is so retarded....
wtf bcc shitcoin -> sell sell sell
we love bcc -> buy buy buy
wtf is happening ? -> HOLD HOLD we are the cashmarines

PINK WOJAKS
PINK WOJAKS
>>
>>3131288
Honestly I never thought it was the BCC split that would ever kill btc. It's that Nov one that could spell its demise.

BCC will not be going away before Nov. that is for sure. I think it might ramp up until then and pop if it doesn't before.

Up the miners. If they can coordinate and keep the BCC difficulty low, then unanimously switch their hashing power over, it would leave BTC stranded. Would take weeks to correct and in the mean time people would be scrambling to get their coins on an exchange to dump them, thus creating a shit storm. Don't put it past the miners to do this. They only care about themselves. They know you need them on no matter what chain they choose.
>>
did miners stop mining bitcoin while it was more profitable to mine eth?
>>
>bcc is 50% easier to mine
>50% more coins on the market
>...
>pink wojacks?
>>
>>3132687
>implying you can mine ETH with a bitcoin ASIC

are you seriously this stupid?
>>
>>3130857
This. Finally someone using rational thinking, unlike all these mentally unstable retards.

The end game is 1:1, this will take time though. Right now it's all emotions and my good friend FOMO will take me to the moon.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.