[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have 10 seconds to convince me that governments can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 3fe3bb8fa062a7e6080953475524ed12.jpg (135KB, 570x1064px) Image search: [Google]
3fe3bb8fa062a7e6080953475524ed12.jpg
135KB, 570x1064px
You have 10 seconds to convince me that governments can't regulate or interfere with cryptocurrencies.
>>
>>3128604
they would have done it already
>>
File: 1693.jpg (25KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1693.jpg
25KB, 251x251px
You have ten seconds to convince me governments can stop any internet based activity.
>>
>>3128620
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/chinas-scary-lesson-to-the-world-censoring-the-internet-works/2016/05/23/413afe78-fff3-11e5-8bb1-f124a43f84dc_story.html
>>
>>3128604
I want to lick her legs...
>>
they can't regulate PRIVATE crypto currencies.like Monero. they CAN regulate end-point sales. ie prohibit amazon from accepting Monero
>>
>>3128604
you have -3 seconds to convince me the government can sensor block stream satellite
>>
>>3128638
It only stops filthy normies.
https://www.techinasia.com/5-ways-sneak-chinas-great-firewall
>>
>>3128689
There's no barrier to China shutting them down, they opt not to. From the article I linked:

>The Chinese government has long known and accepted the fact that a small percentage of its population circumvents the Firewall using VPNs. It is, after all, essential that domestic and foreign businesses be able to access information across borders, and it keeps the English-speaking elite happy to allow them a small window on the world.

>“They are willing to tolerate a certain amount of porousness in the Great Firewall, as long as they feel that ultimately, if they need to exert control, they can,” said Jeremy Goldkorn, director of a media and Internet consulting firm called Danwei.

>“VPN technology is pretty simple,” said Nathan Freitas, a leading developer of open-source software aimed at helping overcome online surveillance and censorship. “VPNs exist at the pleasure of the Chinese Communist Party.”

Guess what?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-11/how-china-s-vpn-ban-asserts-digital-sovereignty-quicktake-q-a
>>
>>3128730
People don't need total freedom. The based chinks are keeping the kikes and western degeneracy out. While America rots in it's (((diverse))) and (((free))) aka liberal cesspool the racially and culturally homogenous countries are thriving and growing.
>>
>>3128604
How much BTC do I need to get a girl like that?
>>
>>3128604
Well, I suppose the government could shut down the entire internet. That'd definitely interfere with crypto.
>>
>>3128730
>>“VPN technology is pretty simple,” said Nathan Freitas, a leading developer of open-source software aimed at helping overcome online surveillance and censorship. “VPNs exist at the pleasure of the Chinese Communist Party.”

That's not really true. Current VPNs operating in China would be simple to shut down. If they cracked down on that, people would resort to things like secretly laying underground cables leading out of the country and selling connections over those. Much harder to crack down on. Of course, that'd also make the entire thing a lot shadier and costs would skyrocket, so the users would be a fraction of what they currently are, so in the end the Chinese government would more or less win even if they didn't entirely eliminate it.
>>
>>3128963
Yeah but keep in mind that the Chinese culture is less egoistic and doesn't demand as much freedom as western culture. I wouldn't be surprised if people started to rise up if we see a crackdown on individual liberties such as access to information. the only danger is that people are too complacent and simply don't care about their freedom.

As for cutting the populous off from the net... look at what happened in South America. After being cut off from the cell networks by the providers, the cartel simply started to build their own. So why not a distributed internet access infrastructure maintained by the people too?
>>
>government requires companies to ask ID or not accept crypto payments
>all exchanges already ask ID+proof of residence etc etc.
There's no running from taxes unless you embrace lord Shekelstein
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.