[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MFW I bought BTC for the last 3 years with my spare cash every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: McShit.jpg (434KB, 880x1100px) Image search: [Google]
McShit.jpg
434KB, 880x1100px
MFW I bought BTC for the last 3 years with my spare cash every end of the month (about 100€ each month) and the intention to sell once it hits 4200€. Then finding out my harddrive crashed and the thumb drive with wallet.dat doesn't work either. I guess money isn't everything.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Well that would be grounds to kys
>>
File: 1487335122011.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1487335122011.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>3097612
>and the thumb drive with wallet.dat doesn't work either

Does nobody here know about memory decay? Entropy causes all data storage to fail eventually. I have multible copies of my encrypted wallet on all my storage devices and on paper.
>>
>>3097612
so give it to some data recovery company.
better pay some money for it than loosing the whole coins.
>>
>>3097612
Hold it online you mong
>>
>>3097685
this, pay some 300€ for recovery either hdd or usb, something is must be recoverable.
>>
>>3097907
In all likelyhood you just need to take out your hd and put it in another comp(not as boot drive). then youll be able to access the funds from that comp. if windows cant mount the disk(windows can be retarded), download a live cd version of a linux distro and look at mount the disk there.

If it helped send me some btc plox: 1FusS3vQ5PvviD9ijJfGbTv1QRHASkNSME
>>
>>3097612

Your face when I can likely recover your data from your dying HDD....
>>
File: 1487060130752.jpg (42KB, 700x464px) Image search: [Google]
1487060130752.jpg
42KB, 700x464px
>>3098103
Hurrr durrr.
Mov da hddddddd to another compiter Rawr XDDD
Send me m0ney
>>
>>3098103

facepalm.gif
>>
That's why you actually have to make and distribute backups. Right now I'm using up to 5 machines using syncthing to sync my stuff whenever a new backup is written.
>>
>>3097649
How do you keep it on paper?
>>
>>3098173
>he doesn't know that you can store BTC inside the trees outside your house.

Its like you want to lose all your money
>>
>>3097649
Entropy is not a cause, it is a describing term. Fallacy of reification
>>
>>3098217
>not burying copies inside boxes inside triple layer ultra thick air sealed plastic in the front yard next to the mailbox of every house youve lived in
step it up
>>
>>3098232
>not encrypting it with an algorithm you came up with and wrote down on paper/brainwalleted said algorithm

breh
>>
>>3098135
Are you retarded? Usually when people say their hs "crashed" it can mean anything from windows failing to boot, to the bootmanager failing to boot on the hd...

many times iv'e had my hd crash and being unable to bootup, but still been able to mount it on another comp/through live cd. EVEN IF he isnt able to mount it, he can access all data with datarecovery programs. Only in very rare cases is the hd complete bork and even then he could in 99% of cases just replace a part in the hd himself or send it to a data recovery service.

So suck a DICK you know-nothing shitface.
>>
>>3098259
>not tattooing it on the inside of your foreskin
>>
>>3097612
You must not have had much if you dont consider it worth having a professional recovery team do their work.

You also must not be very bright if you didnt print a paper backup and put your complete faith in gook engineering.
>>
>>3098390
I guess that's the one place nobody else would ever see.
>>
>>3098390
that'd hurt, inside of eyelids much better and all you need to do in order to read is look at the sun with eyes shut
>>
>>3098173
Electrum seed. Or just encrypt your private seed and print it as a QR code / write it down.
>>
This did not happen
>>
File: giphy.gif (3MB, 435x246px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3MB, 435x246px
>>3097612
Sure you did anon. We believe you
>>
>>3098390
>Get tattooed.
>Jews convert parents to Kikism.
>Wake up in pain one afternoon with a Jew biting my foreskin off.

You are asking for it.
>>
>>3098557
you'd need a qr code scanner
text is best
>>
>>3097612
did you not save the public and private key?
>>
>not memorizing your key
>not selling everything and moving off grid Alaska every 10 years hiding from the taxman
>not buying a new burner laptop with BTC to shitpost and fap to "traps" as the kids call them these days
>letting the NSA track you
>>
>memorize your key
>got early-onset Alzheimer's
>what is bitcoin?
>>
>>3100151
>oh grandpa, everyone uses digibyte now
>>
>>3097612
>having hard drives in 2017
ssds have been out for like a decade
>>
>>3097612
>get thousands of bitcoin in 2009
>fuck around making wallets and seeing how sending the money works when you just paste in a random string of letters and numbers
>hey cool this works
>send them from wallet to wallet
>forget about it
>many years later
>oh yeah I have some bitcoin!!!! fuck they must be worth millions now!!!!!!
>wait...where are they?

No idea where they are, attached to some private key somewhere, I didn't keep any of those recorded
>>
>>3100761
i found a wallet from before key but don't know how to get in it,
ttld: how do i recover it?
>>
>>3097721
>Be a complete retard you mong
>>
>>3098173
>>3098232
>>3098217
You people all need to simply Bip38 encrypt your private key, then memorize that and store it in your head. Write it down somewhere in case you get a concussion maybe but that's it.

Your brain is your own bank. But don't actually use a brain wallet because those are easier to hack.
>>
>>3100921
you have the wallet.dat?
open it using a client, they're not encrypted
>>
>>3097612
>Why do you keep your coins on an exchange bro? Tard, you're gonna lose em
What I hear daily as I shift my coins around from exchange to exchange.
Never lost a single satoshi due to hardware failures
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.