[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i never traded cryptocurrencies before. always been trading stocks.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: nvda.jpg (82KB, 838x588px) Image search: [Google]
nvda.jpg
82KB, 838x588px
i never traded cryptocurrencies before. always been trading stocks. can you guys help me answer some questions?

1. when you buy the current ask price or sell to the current bid price, do you get filled instantly, or is there like a few seconds delay?

2. can you trade any cryptocurrency from any exchange, or only certain ones are available through certain exchange?
>>
>>3094481
spend 2 minutes doing it and you'll know your answers.

Trial by fire OP, just don't spend too much money on that first move.
>>
>>3094594
i tried to sign up to coinbase but they dont accept my ID

just want the answer to my first question if anyone can help. do you get filled instantly or do you wait for 2 seconds?
>>
You trade stocks and you don't know the answers to those questions?
>>
>>3094637
usually instantly depending on the exchange. I'm most familiar with bittrex. for your second question, there is no one exchange that has every coin. gotta go to certain exchanges for certain coins. if this helped you send me bitcoins
>>
>>3094481
1) Orders are matched with corresponding orders immediately (within milliseconds), the order of execution is the order of arrival so if there are thousands of order for the same market there might be a short delay, to the order of milliseconds.

If you place a market order, you are guaranteed that it will execute immediately (again in order of arrival to the exchange so potentially some milliseconds of delay).

In addition to that the APIs on top of the exchanges use the internet so you being notified of an event might take several seconds.

2) All coins are not available to trade on all exchanges, and all pairs are not tradeable within an exchange. The bigger the coin the higher the chance to be able to trade it on an exchange and to be able to use it as base currency.

2)
>>
>>3094774
>>3094686
thanks for the answers.

one more thing, i noticed the order book is filled with orders down to the 8th digit difference. is there no minimum difference?

for example if you're trading a stock, you have to bid either $5.01 or $5.02, you can't bid 5.015
>>
>>3094594
This. you sound like a huge pussy OP.

>>3094637
>just want the answer to my first question
1. Go to a fucking exchange and read the tos. (usually no refunds)
2. acquire $100 worth of btc
3. return to said exchange (yobit is the best) and transfer your wealth to someone else. This will happen very fast. instantaneously.
4. in 10 years tell everyone you know that you could have been a millionaire if you had only kept the btc
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.