[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is real estate still a good investment? I've been saving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1436514899571.jpg (69KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1436514899571.jpg
69KB, 800x600px
Is real estate still a good investment?
I've been saving a chunk of money for a fancy car, but now I'm considering putting it to a down payment on a house or something that I'd rent out.
>>
>>3093863
Depends on the area you live.
Anyways, the real estate pump is about to pop.
Unless you are able to find tenants to cover up your cost, don't do it
>>
>>3093863
Currently no, the housing market is super inflated right now. Boomers are all out of their mind's charging for 3x the cost of what they originally paid for their houses and young adults are all anxious to get in but can't afford it as is.

It'd probably he best to wait a few years and see what happens.
>>
If youre looking for an investment property, look into buying a duplex or a quadplex, higher ROI.

Dont buy a house unless youre going to live in it.
>>
>>3093899
The area I'm in has been bumping up about 5% or so regularly for the past 6 years or so and has been growing rapidly alongside that.
Worst case scenario I'd live in the place since the monthly payment would be way cheaper than renting out even some shitty little apartment.
What are the signs it's about to pop?
>>
nominal housing prices are at all time highs.

If you're going to invest now, be able to hold for 30 years. Otherwise an investment now might not be wise, unless you're renting it out. In that case it would be less unwise, you'd just need to do the math on it.
>>
>>3093964
I have the means to hold it, and I'll probably be renting it out most of the time. I was just wondering if it'd even be worthwhile as far as a semi-steady source of passive income once I was done living in it.
>>
>>3093913

>It'd probably he best to wait a few years and see what happens.

So that it will become 2x the price it is today?
>>
how hard is it to learn how to take care of a house anyway, I'm hardly Mr. fixit
>>
If you're planning on renting it out just make sure you get a good ROI

but yes real estate is always a good investment
>>
>>3093863
Nah buy something more sensible like a cryptographic hash you can trade for LSD on the internet.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.