[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Decide to finally get into this crypto thing > Deposit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: C5IGCtYXAAADT1t.jpg (7KB, 194x228px) Image search: [Google]
C5IGCtYXAAADT1t.jpg
7KB, 194x228px
> Decide to finally get into this crypto thing

> Deposit BTC to my Bittrex wallet

> Find out bitcoin transactions aren't instant. Can take up to an hour.

This crypto stuff is a meme right? How can these things be used without instant transactions? I mean what the fuck lol?
>>
yeah wtf is up with how slow btc is? how can it even scale up to support the real world economy
>>
Cryptocurrency is a meme but it's /our meme/.
>>
>>3080164
2 lo iq 4 krypto
>>
>>3080164
yea bitcoin is just a big meme you got pranked bro the anonymouse hackers got your shekels now good goy sucker
>>
>>3080164
It's a result of the recent mass usage, and the reason for BTC's scaling plans. We'll get there.
>>
>>3080164
Sell and stay away from crypto
>>
>>3080164
Bitcoin is a meme new friend. It's slow, old and expensive.

Literally half of the shitcoins have better tech.
>>
>go into coffee shop
>wait in line for 4 hours for the 6 people in front of me.
>get to counter, order a .001 btc late
>wait 30 minutes for confirmations
>late was cold
>>
>>3080164
pfff

wait to hear you can only withdraw 0.025BTC off bittrex
>>
>>3080164
once the btc is sent, it's sent

the btc will be delivered to the address you sent it to. there's nothing that would disrupt it from reaching it. the confirmations is when it actually arrives, but the second you press send, you know the btc will be delivered
>>
>transfer fiat to someones bank account
>takes three days if i do it on a friday
fiat is such a meme
>>
File: 1496050926959.png (118KB, 282x282px) Image search: [Google]
1496050926959.png
118KB, 282x282px
>>3080164

"sometimes confirmation may be tens of minutes and sometimes it may take over two hours, but on average it will take about an hour."

How is this going to revolutionize traditional currency?
>>
>>3080345

But you can hand someone 6 physical dollars for your tendies right now.
>>
>>3080370
i could hand someone a paper wallet also
but the ywould have to believe it has btc on it
>>
>>3080370
It's a good thing physical bitcoins exist too thend huh
>>
Use Ethereum for transactions, you noob.
>>
>>3080164
>transfer ETH from exchange to wallet
>goes through instantly, barely any fees
>buy more because this shit is way underpriced for how much more efficient it is compared to clunky bitcoin
>>
>>3080399

How do you verify it isn't a counterfeit?

Wait an hour?
>>
>>3080353
1. Merchants probably could reasonably accept small transactions instantly without confirmation. The likelihood someone is actually going to try to double spend and succeed for something small is rather trivial.

2. Second layer solutions similar to Visa will probably emerge. Visa promises to pay the merchant immediately, taking a small risk the user will have insufficient funds in the next hour. Visa also provides charge back options and charges a small fee for the service.

3. Larger transactions generally don't clear immediately. If you buy something online merchants usually wait at least a few hours before processing and shipping it, usually around a business day. If you buy a house or a car, there's usually several days of waiting on funds to clear. So it's an improvement as is.
>>
File: AHEE.png (8KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
AHEE.png
8KB, 400x400px
>>3080429

I don't see why Eth can't just replace bitcoin

it does everything bitcoin does but not in 50 years txn time, and it does more with smart contracts and other integrations like micosoft azure's coco network.
>>
>>3080164
takes like 20 mins
>>
>>3080538
because eth is programmable, meaning it is way more vulnerable than bitcoin. you don't want your money to have a full programming language built into it.
>>
File: 1501480375140.jpg (23KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1501480375140.jpg
23KB, 250x250px
>>3080164
you are unironically too stupid for crypto.
>>
Anon, I was just like you. Bought Bitcoin, took three days to reach an exchange. Then I bought more, and lost 89% of my money. The other day I got an email from a hacker group telling me I was a sucker and that they had all my money.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.