[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American here. Say the government decides to forgive everyone's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0617.jpg (52KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0617.jpg
52KB, 1080x1080px
American here.

Say the government decides to forgive everyone's student loan debt, complete or partial. What happens to the people who have already paid off their student loan debt? Do they get a check for the amount that they paid off?

My last student loan payment is set to be in January 2019. It will have taken me five and a half years to pay off over $40,000 in debt.

Is there any precedent for this to know what will likely happen?
>>
>>3080021
No.

You're cucked.
>>
Nope. Thanks for being a good boy. We'll use that money to pay off other's debt
>>
>>3080021
Pay your loans and stop being a faggot
>>
File: very happy merchant.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
very happy merchant.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>3080021
>he fell for the student loan meme
>>
That is why I don't make large payments on my student loans. I honestly didn't even spend a lot of the money I even loaned, I just got it in case of an emergency at school. It feels really good to only have 6k worth of student loans. School itself is a scam.
>>
No, life isn't fair. Government isn't fair.

That's why I'm going to take my good time paying them back. I'll make more gains in the market with capital rather than burning it on loans and interest
>>
I'll likely be voting Republican for the rest of my life, but if the government forgives everyone's loans and mine are fully paid off, it will really be something for my psyche.

Interesting how game theory effects finance and stuff.
>>
>>3080021
if you're too dumb to get a scholarship then it's a good sign you're going to overpay for school.

The only degrees worth paying full tuition for are from ivy leagues. get cucked fag
>>
>>3080160
I went to a "public Ivy", and have an OK job. Thanks for the concern. I was just wondering if there's any precedent for this, and if the government has ever reimbursed people for loans already paid, but no one answered that question yet.
>>
College and university is only worthwhile for technical degrees. STEM degrees. Anything else and you're going to get screwed. Most people would be way better off going to trade school. Hell, If I didn't get my engineering degree, I could see myself being a millwright or welder. Tough work, but lots of earning potential.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.