[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey was wondering if you guys knew the best route for me to go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Hey was wondering if you guys knew the best route for me to go into stock trading / investment banking.

Im 19 in the UK and i'm a bright guy just had to let go of this dream in the past for personal reasons. I was expelled from my high school will this affect me?

Appreciate all any advice but would be cool if UK people can tell me the actual best courses on offer here?

Thanks.
Also if anyone here does that sort of work regardless where your from got any books / ebooks that you reccomend a begginer?
>>
>>3065524
Wanna good free advice who has finished International Investment?
Don't do it. Just don't.
Most big investment firms, are currently dropping out of UK due to all this fucking, brexit legislations madness going on.
Also they don't pay as well as you might imagine, about as much as some IT guys after right schools (And it is quite overpopulated thing to do, not as good as 10 years ago).
If you go to the top guys you will have to spend anywhere from year to 2/3 years on internships where they will give you shittiest things to do for next to no money.
After this you start at bottom for shit sallary, working your way up the ladder is fucking annoying, you either rat other people or stay "innovative" coming up with some new shit every week.
Also >Expelled from high school =/= bright guy.
Trust me you don't want to get down this shithole. Currently major in International Investment, and getting degree in something well paid and useful (Car Drivetrain Engineering).
If you have any questions then feel free to ask.
>>
Ex fund manager for a small Aus firm.
Don't kid yourself, it is nothing like the movies or depiction painted by society. Unless you are VERY well off or come from a good family, you struggle to work up the chain.
I started off in fund development team and found a way to MITM profit and outsouce liability so I got to move up fairly quickly.

Guy above is dead on, most people need a few internships to be able to shovel shit in the financial services industry. Salary is not great either.
>>
>>3066767
Are there many quant investment firms in aus (other than optiver)?
>>
File: 1498773095350.jpg (38KB, 574x385px) Image search: [Google]
1498773095350.jpg
38KB, 574x385px
>>3065524
> i'm a bright guy just had to let go of this dream in the past for personal reasons. I was expelled from my high school will this affect me?
>>
>>3065524
>I was expelled from my high school will this affect me?

I dropped out of high school when I turned 16, got my GED the next day, applied for Cornell the day after that, got my acceptance letter a week and a half later. As long as you can demonstrate that you aren't a moron (in my case got high GED, ACT, and SAT scores), you will be fine....at least in the USA. Can't comment on the UK.
>>
>>3066767
>>3066410
This. The top investment banks recruit aggressively from select feeder schools, which tend to be in the upper strata.

And even then, your first 2 years are a living hell of assembling pitchbooks and being a grunt.

Also:
>I was expelled from my high school will this affect me?

Yeah, no. You're fucked.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.