[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GBTC holds bitcoins in a fund. It trades at 100% premium to NAV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1_returns_2.jpg (42KB, 550x326px) Image search: [Google]
1_returns_2.jpg
42KB, 550x326px
GBTC holds bitcoins in a fund. It trades at 100% premium to NAV

I saw a story that said any day now the NYSE is supposed to rule on wether they can be traded there. If it does the author said its likely the premium would quickly collapse.

Is there some reason why i shouldn't take half my cash and short this stock? I've never shorted anything. I read its hard to find shares to short but my brokerage doesn't have a warning sign saying that.

I don't understand why it hasn't already been shorted to hell. What are the risks here beyond it continuing to trade up irrationally?

(I also think BTC is headed down soon)
>>
I don't even know if its possible to long via after-hours trading, but I would be longing GBTC for the surge that's going to happen on open assuming BTC pricing remains stable overnight.

I expect GBTC to hit $650+ by midmorning tomorrow based on current BTC price and premium the fund's buyers are paying.
>>
>>3052874
It's has been shorted, but it's one of the limited place you can stash ira/401k money in Bitcoin without taking distribution. I traded this from 360-580 and although I'm happy I got out there was more room to hold it.

However as soon as sec allows btc ETFs this will plummet.

Btcs is now my speculative play. It's a penny stock that is most definitely a scam but it will get a ton of attention again on Monday with the 4000 mark. I expect it to be up another 30%.
>>
>>3053074
It'll likely shoot up 10% and retract back to the 650 mark. If btc goes up another 100$ overnight gbtc will go close to 700 before correcting to to 660-680.
>>
>>3053099
it needs to correct to ~~$360 in order to get back down to the value of the BTC held in the fund

I tried to short but it said that it wasn't available and i should call and they can contact other brokerages if I'm willing to short a minimum of 50k. Not sure i'm willing to go that hard or if they could even get it
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.