[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I asked some days ago already but I hope to get some more advices.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: tupari3.jpg (30KB, 297x444px) Image search: [Google]
tupari3.jpg
30KB, 297x444px
I asked some days ago already but I hope to get some more advices. How do I become a freelancer? I'm tired of being a wageslave and spending 8h in an office with my boss looking at my screen all the time. Would like to be my own boss at my pace. I know however, that being a freelancer can be tough too.

Are there any sources, books, etc. that you can recommend? My field is UI/UX design and I have a strong portfolio. But I don't know how I can get my first clients. Should I just mail thousand companies and introducing myself? I would rather stay away from those many freelance platforms as the competition is high and there are tons of people who do the job for 10% of the fair payment.

My idea is also to make an PDF file with an introduction, my skills, my recent work and then some pricing options. Like 3 days of work as a cheapest package and 7 days of work for a high price to get a fully working prototype of their app/software. Of course flexible, so that it depends on what the client could need and pay.

I just can't really figure out where to start and get my first jobs. Do you also have some general advices about this? Also is 500 Euro per day a good rate to start with?

>pic unrelated
>>
>>3047456
Networking is your friend. Email is cheap and most businesses will end up ignoring your messages because you'll look like spam, no matter how presentable and professional your PDFs are. You will have a much higher success rate if you market yourself in-person, especially if you work with small to mid sized businesses.
>>
so instead of being cucked by a boss you want to be cucked by clients?
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.