[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /biz/ Y'all seem like intelligent folk, so i'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Unknown.jpg (12KB, 198x254px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
12KB, 198x254px
Hi /biz/

Y'all seem like intelligent folk, so i'd like some advice please. Career advice.

>be me
>go to terrible school, poor family etc.
>be first person in family go to University, a highly ranked Law School
>get scholarships to go to University, be awarded prestigious scholarships and internships from London city law firms and work on high profile political campaigns
>In my spare time had good friends, did some slam poetry competitions, played sports, did some debating
>Budding career was going really well, was headhunted for Leadership development programmes, headhunted by recruitment agencies etc.
>Aged 22 suffered a psychotic breakdown. Used to smoke pot once in a while, had some stress with finals looming, and it just destroyed me. Had psychotic delusions that I was the second coming and I was here to be mankind's redemption, my friends were trying to kill me etc.
>Spent 3 weeks in a psych ward, recovered. Took meds, exercised, never touched drugs/alcohol again

My psychosis happened last year. My Doctors have given me a clean bill of health, although i'm still checking in every other week. I've just been at home working odd jobs and stuff in the mean time. Doctors are happy with me going back to Law School and looking at Law Jobs. I'm obviously a special case, so they can't really comment on what it's like for me to go into that industry.

The type of Law i was looking at was commercial law, which inherently carries a great business/finance element to it, and is 'reasonably' similar to working in financial/professional services. I still follow all the news, read the blogs,follow the markets etc.

I go back to Law School next month, to finish my degree. I'm just wondering if you guys think I should still consider a career in Law, or whether you think I'm not cut out for the industry.

Any questions i'm happy to answer

>tl:dr; glittering law career halted by mental illness. now I've recovered, should I go back ?
>>
>>3040847
>did some slam poetry competitions
I stopped reading right there. Fucking gross, op.
>>
>>3040870
lel, it wasn't like I was trying to be eminem in 8 mile or anything.

it was just something i did for fun, it's not as gay as it sounds.
>>
You don't have another choice really

Grab life by the balls
>>
>>3040847
Take a deep breath, have some valium, calm the fuck down. you'll be fine. You're not the first attorney to be clinically insane and you won't be the last.

>>3040959
Also this
>>
>>3040847
This board is for MAD CRYPTO GAINZ ONLY.

Not your wagecucking faggotry
>>
>>3040896
>not gay
riiiiiight
>>
>>3041013
>You're not the first attorney to be clinically insane and you won't be the last.

feels reassuring af, thanks brah

>>3040959
i guess so

>>3041019
yeah, it's pretty apparent what this board is for. just figured there may be a few anon around familiar with financial services, and whether they suit a nut like me.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.