[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much of a scam are fitness supplements? Are they more profitable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: best-supplements.jpg (29KB, 537x245px) Image search: [Google]
best-supplements.jpg
29KB, 537x245px
How much of a scam are fitness supplements? Are they more profitable than cryptos?
>>
They are selling them for 2-3 times as much as what they are buying them for from suppliers so big business.
It's pretty late to try and get into it now though.
>>
>>3036329
>It's pretty late to try and get into it now though.
i know: recent bodybuilding hype peaked around 2014, now it's dying out.
>>
as a consumer I don't see what's so scammy about buying a big 6 lb. bag of whey from costco for $40 and some generic multivitamin pills and take a few per week, both things last me half a year and help towards keeping a cheaper diet in general
>>
>>3036439
this is fine.

its the overpriced shit like pre-workouts, amino acids, expensive multis, etc. where the supp companies make a ton of money.

if you buy cheap generic protein powder the way you do its actually cheaper than buying chicken breast or ground beef
>>
>>3036439
>>3036461
whey is basically a byproduct of cheese production that used to go to the garbage, but is now being sold as an elite bodybuilding supplement. Not to mention a lot of companies actually skip on the actual whey part and spike their powders with BCAAs
>>
File: images (72).jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (72).jpg
10KB, 300x168px
NEW BONE BROTH WITH CHAGA MUSHROOM AND TURMERIC ROOT. AVAILABLE NOW FOR THE LOW PRICE OF 99 SHEKELS.
>>
>>3036272
They are a "scam" in the sense that they are inferior to a proper, full diet.

Everyone's top priority ought to be to attain financial well-being in order to eat well without compromises. A strong mind can only reside in a strong body.
>>
all a scam except for creatine and protein powder
>>
File: buzzoff.jpg (31KB, 720x305px) Image search: [Google]
buzzoff.jpg
31KB, 720x305px
>>3036680

Back to >>Buzzfeed.com you go.
>>
>>3036835
Nah man I'm an infowarrior and I know AJ needs to make his money, but if you actually buy his shit you're retarded lol.
>>
supplements are fine
"fitness" ones are a scam
Oh some study says 10g BCAA increased 5% muscle gain during some recovery window? That's nice and all but they still lifted weights for 8 weeks

Steroids have real results but you're talking about years of altered chemistry in your body

Personally supplements that show benefits for heart and mind are priceless, those two are essential for survival and both start to reduce function as early as your 20s
>>
>>3036490
honestly I don't give a shit what it's made out of as long as it's edible and palatable, its the densest protein there is, allows you to optimize your calorie intake, and allows you to eat cheaper things you want to eat instead of cans of tuna and boiled chicken breast for every meal while still getting everything you need to stay fit
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.