[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, I'm Peter Schiff. Why are you all so retarded believing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: selfie.jpg (18KB, 395x288px) Image search: [Google]
selfie.jpg
18KB, 395x288px
Hi, I'm Peter Schiff.
Why are you all so retarded believing in something imaginary like BTC? Me? I hold gold and fiat because that's the only true value. You say "roast my portfolio" but the only thing to roast is your brain.
>>
>>3033435
BTC $.90 before the end of august.
Screencap this.
>>
>>3033435
Except he's going to be at the Nexus conference in September. You must be one of the people also selling your NEO right now instead of using it to make gas. It's like you people do absolutely 0 research. nice copypasta b8 though
>>
File: 1496652750303.png (88KB, 281x300px) Image search: [Google]
1496652750303.png
88KB, 281x300px
>>3033435
>Spend your life in financial industry
>Become mayor figure in Real Money aka Gold
>Bitcoin comes along which is greatly superior to gold.

Now you are faced with a choice, either admit defeat and change your strategy.

Or choose to lie to yourself and protect your ego.

He chose 2. . .
>>
lol i just rewatched debates he had with cenk not even a couple minutes ago and this thread pops up
>>
>>3033435
>imaginary
>both gold and bitcoin are backed by hashing power in the form of mining, albeit both being very different forms of mining
>somehow this makes bitcoin backed by nothing and gold legit in his eyes
>>
>>3033435

I have been keeping tabs with Schiff since 2009

He has recommended gold and foreign stocks over US stocks for nearly 10 years

I can't understand why someone educated in economics would recommend an inanimate metal over income-producing assets

"Gold should be 5% of your portfolio" - except Schiff shills gold so hard, the implication is that you should be 50% gold and 50% chink stocks
>>
>>3033435
Thanks just sold 100k
>>
>>3034421
never said go all in on metals, said at least 5%, and the rest in foreign stock.
>>
>>3033997

His angle is that it does not physically exist. He likes the Blockchain technology, just not the currency itself which is nothing but 1's and 0's. Young, crypto-minded people are all about instant gains and pump and dumps. Gold and silver are not for instant profit. They're the ultimate hodl. They are insurance against a market recession or full blown crash. They hedge currency inflation. They're also used in manufacturing, silver especially. Keyboards, solar panels, medical products, etc all use silver and sometimes gold. Bitcoin does not physically exist.

I see both sides of it, but gold and silver were here before us and they'll be here long after we're gone. Bitcoin relies on a chain of precariously sustainable technologies to be useful. Many points of failure. Precious metals just...sit there until you want to sell them or manufacture something with them. They'll be there when Niagara Falls has eroded into nothing. They'll be there when Phobos spirals into Mars.

>>3034421

>I can't understand why someone educated in economics would recommend an inanimate metal over income-producing assets

Because you're uneducated in economics. It's not about keeping the conveyor belt of Big Macs running straight into your gullet.

>"Gold should be 5% of your portfolio" - except Schiff shills gold so hard, the implication is that you should be 50% gold and 50% chink stocks

Your words. He doesn't say 50% gold or 50% Chink stocks. He does know that the West is in a bad way financially and the East-West
cycle is due for a change, and god damn is it coming.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.