[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>made 20k from crypto >still have no idea what a blockchain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1322234521.jpg (126KB, 1130x946px) Image search: [Google]
1322234521.jpg
126KB, 1130x946px
>made 20k from crypto
>still have no idea what a blockchain actually does

Can someone explain this to me in laymen terms? I've tried to research it on my own but I'm too much of a brainlet.
>>
>>3031344
some asian genius invented it named sasuke or something thats all you need to know
>>
>>3031344
do you daytrade or you holded coins before mooning? im new to this and i would like to make some side money
>>
File: creditbittothemoon.jpg (23KB, 600x312px) Image search: [Google]
creditbittothemoon.jpg
23KB, 600x312px
Creditbit! If you missed the boom of NEO, OMG and many others. This coin is great, great DEVs andis on its way to the moon, just buy a few and enjoy a few gains people.

46% INCREASE AND STILL INCREASING IN VOLUME!!!

Its on BITTREX and is still very low in price for wat it is!
>>
>>3031400
Actually the worst shilling i've ever seen, i feel like i just read an infomercial
>>
File: download (1).jpg (8KB, 185x273px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
8KB, 185x273px
>>3031353
Top kek. Underrated comment
>>
>>3031391
i buy a coin wait till it moons sell it move to the next one
>>
>>3031344
It's just a public ledger, m8.

Block 1 says that 100 coins were deposited at address A for mining this block.

Block 2 says that 100 coins were deposited at address B for mining this block, and address A transferred 20 coins to address C.

Just by following the ledger and adding/subtracting all the transactions from each address, you'll now see that the current state of the blockchain is:
>address A: 80 coins
>address B: 100 coins
>address C: 20 coins

No matter how many blocks are added, you can always get the balance of every address just by parsing the whole thing.
>>
>>3031344
It's a record of every BTC transaction that ever happens. Miners receive BTC (mined coins and commission too I think) for the processing power needed to run it. It prevents people from copy and pasting money. If you create a new wallet and put 1 BTC in it, the blockchain will keep a record of 1 BTC going into your wallet's address. If you somehow forged BTC so your wallet said you had 2 BTC, then tried to spend it, the blockchain would check your previous transaction, realize you should only have 1 BTC and prevent you from spending the forged BTC.
>>
>>3031444
any way to predict if a coin is going to moon?
>>
>>3031594
It's not complete shit
>>
>>3031532
That part of it is kinda silly for me. The Bitcoin blockchain, as it is currently, is not feasible for the long run. Why should every little node around the world know I spent $1.5 on a soda? Can you imagine how big the whole blockchain will get once people start doing micro transactions on BTC?
>>
>>3033491
Isn't that why there's a limited supply of coins? It puts a cap on how big the thing can actually get?
>>
>>3033591
Well I'm not sure what will motivate people to mine once all coins are out. But transactions can still happen even if the coin supply limit is reached.
>>
>>3033591
Yeah but does that mean that there is a limited amount of transactions?
I've understood it like this: The miners are the ones confirming all the transactions, but when we run out of coins to mine (or the reward is too damn low), where will the processing power to run BTC come from?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.