[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good career to be in, /biz/? Gotta get that fiat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

What's a good career to be in, /biz/?

Gotta get that fiat to buy cryptos somehow.

Pic related, very much NOT a good career.
>>
>>3012249

web development
>>
How are webdev jobs? I'm coming from an I.T. infrastructure bckground, so lots of linux, vmware, and networking. Now with automation it seems more and more of that is being scripted away.

Whats the demand and salary range like? Future outlook?
>>
>>3012368
>>3012338
PLus webdev wouldtie in well with Ethereum programming
>>
>>3012368

>>3012368

Future outlook is good, you should be aware of how many users are coming into the web market.

You're farther along than I am toward actually getting a job, I am a humble wage slave with no degree and have only done as much as procrastinating on learning javascript while having a general knowledge of HTML/CSS.

If you can pick up python or something I'm sure you could move into a back end situation somewhere, with your experience. Salary range is 40k-150k depending on if you're jr, / mid level / senior.

Also if anyone wants to tell me how to get an entry level dev job I am all ears.
>>
>>3012430
I'm going to need to learn Python regardless, it is basically replacing bash as the go-to systems scripting language.

Do back end or front end make more? Which is more fun? Can I tie my security/AWS/Linux skills into this?

I realize you probably don't have all those answers but I appreaciate any help.
>>
>>3012484

If you can easily pick up the back end, get front end under your belt and go into full stack dev. Once you are competent with a full stack, you could probably get a pretty high salary with full stack + your security skills.

It is kind of weird giving you advice though since you are more skilled than me and have more work experience.
>>
>>3012513
Nah don't feel wierd, it's a different area of tech. Systems, I don't want to say it's dying, but positions are being scripted/automated out of existence by the hour.

I'm going to have to look into this more, thanks man. My main thing is a dilemma of if I even want to stay in tech or go into law or managing a medical pracitce.
>>
>>3012588

I would do what seems interesting. There may be money in web development, but as you are saying things change rapidly and it seems like a hard field to be aging in. If your work is being encroached on by shifting tech and automation, I would expect those same trends to hit web dev, build patterns are already centered around homogenization via responsive design. People are saying in 30 years only half of us meat bags will even have jobbos =/

get rich or die in the happening
>>
>>3012661
That's exactly my concern with all of tech. I've even heard people say that programming jobs will be gone, replaced by a bunch of system analysis/design people doing drag and drop programming.

Can't see that far into the future though. Can only see what pays now. Good luck anon.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.