[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a question that's been nagging me. If your alt coin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: tmp_21017-ahoge-1501471214.png (221KB, 1100x720px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_21017-ahoge-1501471214.png
221KB, 1100x720px
I have a question that's been nagging me. If your alt coin is traded in Bitcoin shouldn't the price of that coin relative to bitcoin remain the same regardless of the price of Bitcoin. Does that mean when Bitcoin is going down people start dumping their altcoins? If so why do they do this. Picture unrelated.
>>
In fact shouldn't the price of all the coins go up overall when Bitcoin crashes.
>>
>>3006580
>If your alt coin is traded in Bitcoin shouldn't the price of that coin relative to bitcoin remain the same regardless of the price of Bitcoin
Are you confusing the concepts of price and value? If the value of btc is increasing that doesn't increase the value of an alt, the price of the alt in terms of btc will decrease so that the price still reflects the value.
>In fact shouldn't the price of all the coins go up overall when Bitcoin crashes
Yes, and it usually does - the btc value of my portfolio tends to go up when the usd value of bitcoin drops and vice versa... but it's hard to see because everything depends on the total crypto market cap and 40% of that stays in btc.

But yeah, btc value up = btc prices of alts down, btc value down = btc prices of alts up.
>>
>>3006810
So the problem is too small of a sample size. That would make sense.
>>
>>3006580
When the price of Bitcoin is going down people start to dump their altcoins to hold Bitcoin and ride the price back up, that is correct.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.