[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /biz/s opinion on buying a franchise? Pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: download.png (4KB, 225x225px)
download.png
4KB, 225x225px
What's /biz/s opinion on buying a franchise?

Pic related is what I'm considering buying a franchise in.
>>
>>2974578
Much higher start up cost, lower risk. Hard to go wrong with pizza depending on location
>>
you wanna pay money to sell somebody elses bottom-tier product and manage the worlds shittiest employees?

sounds fun
>>
>>2974593
Id imagine pizza is pretty solid, especially in poorer areas but theres the inherently risk of ghettos.
>>
>>2974598
How hard can it be? My pothead cousin was the manager for one.
>>
>>2974578
If you've never worked in a restaurant, you may find it quite challenging with respect to day to day stuff...dealing with shitty employees, crazy customers, marketing/promotion etc. Also, a lot of the "Big Name" franchises (think McDonalds) require you to put up a large amount of your own money (think 1 mil).

Two things I will say before jumping in: 1) talk to other franchise owners and see how corporate treats them. Some companies notoriously treat their franchisees like absolute garbage. A family member was C-level management at a big sandwich chain that had several franchisees kill themselves because corporate made it so difficult for them. and 2) most franchises you need to own multiple stores to really see a good profit. A lot of franchise owners I know that only have one store work a LOT and don't make much more than 45k or so per year.
>>
I'm yet to see one that looked like a good deal, exception that hooters was being shilled here earlier this year and that guy made it sound lucrative, probably a pajeet though
>>
>>2974578
It's a shit tier investment.

Assuming you're near a city, you'll overpay for a building, you'll make a decent return, but wont be able to hold a job during that time, so you'll sacrifice your income.

I would only open a pizza place if I could get the property cheap and do it full time, so that means having a few locations under my belt.
>>
never make a franchise bro, i know that because im on contract, 5 years living in hell literally. Copy some bussiness mdel and follow without franchises.
>>
Go for high density population areas. Aim for a site with big parking lot. Make sure you're visible. A good pizza shop can yield 250-300k in profits. I hear dominos charges 10k in royalties a month. And 75k start up just to use the name
>>
>>2975077
Why the fuck would you pay exorbitant franchise fees for a shitty pizza institution when you can just start your own store and possibly franchise it in the future? Seriously nowadays its piss easy to open up a pizza restaurant especially given that Uber Eats and other menu/delivery apps make it easy for the food to be delivered. Most of the franchise owners are shitty Indians and other immigrants plus their food is shit-tier so it's so easy to compete with them.

Also OP, you'll gain so many new business skills when you put in the effort to doing it yourself.

So you'll save more money, gain new skills and have more flexibility in how you want to run your own business. Is it risky? Yes. But all businesses are risky. No pain, no gain. The only way to get far in life is to take risk.
>>
>>2974578
If you're willing to commit try Chick-fil-A, they opened one in a liberal area nearby and the local police are always responding... to traffic issues, the line at the drive through is insane.
>>
File: index.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>2974578
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.