[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any advanced theories in marketing, such that you wouldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: fjortis.jpg (66KB, 766x511px) Image search: [Google]
fjortis.jpg
66KB, 766x511px
Are there any advanced theories in marketing, such that you wouldn't be able to grasp them without serious studies? I mean I know there is in economics, there's all sorts of microeconomic and macroeconomic concepts that just takes time to "get", but what about marketing?
>>
>>2969544
Most of them. Marketing is basically psychology, what you're doing is learning the history of taking advantage of cognitive biases. That's if you want to do it at the elite level.

>Color Theory
>Framing and Cognitive Priming
>Copywriting (i.e. Rhetoric)
>Semiotics of Photography
>Typography

and then you get into the strategy parts of it where there's a whole lot of statistics, profiling of populations...
>>
>>2969544
I think that would dwell within the realms of psychology. Understanding how to make people want something is not easy to do, for products which aren't necessary. Funnily enough, it's the very thing which drives the revenue of thousands of organisations, it's one of the most fundamental things to understand and do better than your competitors.
>>
Wouldn't hurt to learn hypnosis.
>>
Read Robert Cialdini
>>
>>2969544
Front right legit has Down syndrome
>>
>>2969544

The most interesting thing in my marketing class I found is about the general demographics of the US population. Basically how the baby boomers are a cash cow (think of the real estate boom and now the lucrativeness of life insurance) and the current young generation is a rising star (revolves around new tech and subscription based services)
>>
>>2970259

So, you took (and paid for) a semester-long course and learned what I could pick up in a 2-page summary. Nice investment.
>>
File: 1500770809409.png (54KB, 1096x697px) Image search: [Google]
1500770809409.png
54KB, 1096x697px
>>2970259

It really takes a retarded goy faggot from jewmerica to pay for college and learn that

> baby boomers are a cash cow
> current young generation is a rising star

I hope they rape you on fees you dumb goy faggot, and I hope you pay arm and leg for that pathetic degen education

OMG people who are mature and probably have enough money after being in workforce for decades are "cash cow" and millenials "are to become" wowowowowow IT REALLY ACTIVATED MY ALMONDS please give us the name of that jewniversity you attending goy

Those people are treading on some incredible paradigms!!! Absolutely incredible insights, only academics who attend jewmerican colleges are able to grasp such secrets of our day and age, and they're telling you those secretes and you're sharing them with us wow thank you anon truly REMARKABLE stuff.
>>
>>2969544
It's because of idiots like you that all non-STEM majors should be banned from universities
>>
>>2970420
>>2970458

Lol I just said that that was the most interesting thing that I learned. I'm an information systems major and I made a salary jump from 30k to 70k straight out of college with no debt at age 21, so your words literally mean nothing to me. College isn't for everybody, but you retards probably couldn't even get in. Also, I have more NEO than you.
>>
File: 1468440284743.jpg (645KB, 1208x680px) Image search: [Google]
1468440284743.jpg
645KB, 1208x680px
>>2969544
you're welcome
>>
I've never taken a marketing class in my life, all I know I learned from I Mad Men and browsing the internet

> People are dumb, and mentally challenged people spend money too

> Adwords is a scam

> Find someone you know in your target demographic (in terms of $$ and IQ) and run your ad by them before shipping anything
>>
>>2970458
fair point
>>
>>2969544
the bigger the lie, the more they buy,

Still can't wrap my head around it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.