[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this book worth reading? Are there any books on investing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Book_Cover_Random_Walk.jpg (34KB, 313x475px) Image search: [Google]
Book_Cover_Random_Walk.jpg
34KB, 313x475px
Is this book worth reading?

Are there any books on investing worth reading?
>>
>>2952646

yes.

economicprinciples.org/wp-content/uploads/ray_dalio__how_the_economic_machine_works__leveragings_and_deleveragings.pdf
>>
File: lucky-jew_w.jpg (128KB, 700x559px) Image search: [Google]
lucky-jew_w.jpg
128KB, 700x559px
>>2952646
I haven't seen one valuable book pn how to invest.
It's always just the autjors interpretation of his own survuvorship bias
>>
>>2952646
no

no book about investing is worth reading. you won't learn how to make money off a book.
>>
>>2952673
Looks interesting, thanks.
>>
>>2952701
Yes, no book at all. Didn't you know that all fund managers learned about investing through just throwing money into random securities and seeing what stuck?

Don't be retarded. Of course there's books that will improve your investment knowledge.

First off, you'd be better off downloading a textbook on securities analysis, and macro & microeconomics. You can follow it up with a book on basic accounting which'll allow you to work your way around Excel much quicker, and it'll give you some insight on how businesses go about basic book keeping. I'd balance it out with knowing a bit of stats. I believe KhanAcademy has a course on it.

For your fundamental knowledge, I'd read The Intelligent Investor, Common Stocks & Uncommon Profits, Why Stocks Go Up (and down).

Do the textbooks first, and then move on to the fundamentals. After you're done with those fundamental books, then you should read a blog like Domadaran.

Read Investopedia, and make up definition tests out of basic finance terms. Read Google finance news & after a while you'll know what to look for in a company.

You'll also know what books to read next after doing this. Mainly ones pertaining to valuation or a certain market.
>>
>>2952646
Read the Bible, sinner.
>>
is it a bad time to invest in indexes because the market is doing so well?
>>
>>2952646
It's shit. It basically argues that it's impossible to predict price movements, so the best you can do is to invest in index funds.
>>
>>2952646
I read half of it. If you know nothing about investing you will learn something. I'm applying some of what I learned to trading cryptocurrency.
>>
>>2953111
Reminder that /biz/ is a capitalist board, christcuck
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.