[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People who want bitcoin to be used for every day transactions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: whatthehellisgoingon.jpg (125KB, 1523x927px) Image search: [Google]
whatthehellisgoingon.jpg
125KB, 1523x927px
People who want bitcoin to be used for every day transactions (buying coffee etc)

How is this ever going to be possible? Considering it takes like 30 minutes for a transaction to process. It's bad enough having to wait for old ladies to fish coins out of their purses, im not waiting 30 minutes for some nerd to send his bitcoins!
Also the stupid sod is going to be paying more in transaction fees than the price of the bloody coffee!
>>
>>2951024
WE DIGIMARINES FOUND A WAY
>>
File: IMG_0119.jpg (59KB, 551x325px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0119.jpg
59KB, 551x325px
>>
>>2951024
>what is lightning
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpfvhiqFw7A
>>
all bank transactions can take up to 3 days to clear.
the authorization is instant.
shitcoins are no different. they are nothing new and not the future. make some fast cash and get out.
>>
The idea that Bitcoin should be used for every day transactions should just end. No one's going to want to pay for their groceries for $200 worth of Bitcoin then next week it would've been worth $500. So it can either be a store of value or used for transactions like that, but I don't see how it can ever be both. I can slightly understand using Bitcoin for large purchases like a car or a house or something like that though.
>>
>>2951024

30 minutes payment confirmation is good for places where you have time to waste -- example: hotel, pool, airport...
>>
>>2951059
When bitcoin is fully mined and accepted by a much wider range of people this will be possible. Of course nobody now should try to spend it as its still in the early adoption phase.
>>
This board is fucking hopeless
>>
>>2951059
If we're using bitcoin to pay for groceries that means it's gotten to large adoption stage. Bitcoin would be directly competing with the dollar in that fantasy, which is never going to happen.
Monero and DASH are better because they are specialized and have actual use-cases in the real world. Bitcoin has lots of good press and culture behind it, that's the only reason why it's still 2.8k today.
Unlike the USD it's not backed by a government and software is outdated. I don't think we're going to understand what the cryptomarket is going to look like in the future, but I doubt it's going to be BTC king, probably a bunch of niche currencies each doing their own thing worth various amounts of USD.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.