/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

has anyone ever moved from the sports gambling world into the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: putin2.jpg (20KB, 474x316px) Image search: [Google]
putin2.jpg
20KB, 474x316px
has anyone ever moved from the sports gambling world into the crypto trading world successfully?

besides the obvious crossovers, what were the biggest learning curves and challenges you faced, i want a head start from a sports bettors perspective.

i am a profitable gambler who has not been able to get a bet on for months. all of my online accounts are closed and the local bookmakers have made me SP (starting price/closing line) only. i am left with the betfair exchange (im in the uk) which is perfect for betting live during an event but my edge is very low/break even there and i want a new challenge
>>
Crypto gambling* world.

To be honest the only advantage you have is the years of practice you had making swift decisions during live betting. I'm not much of a daytrader myself but that should come in handy when you need to pull the trigger on critical decisions.
>>
>>2946817
There are some amazing crypto gamblin sites like this one goo gl/S6kg4x It has poker sports betting etc check it out
>>
>>2946890
add a . after goo anyways ive made alot off the low stakes tables on that site since the price of bitcoin has gone up a ton recently but the low stake fishies stay the same. You can play against people who were play 2nl 6 months ago and are god awful but are playing the same table now except its 12nl.
>>
>>2946817
Sports gamblers lose everything eventually
>>
>>2946900
ive looked into the sites that accept BTC and from what i can see they are not even attempting to be comeptitive in terms of pricing, as there are enough gamblers in unregulated areas that have no other choice but to dump all their money there, gambling with crypto just doesnt have any appeal for me at all just now because of it. even low stakes poker games must be harder v crypto-depositing players as the extra barrier to making a depoit compared to simply using fiat+bank cards must surely filter out most of the free money.

so far none of the sites ive seen take an early position on anything, its all reactive pricing depending on what tighter books are doing elsewhere. you expect them to follow each othe rby the end but you need some margin between them to get the right price.

fk the btc gambling sites, for now at least
>>
>>2946834
thanks for the reply.

mechanically im sure everyones on the same level but to make money betting on a live sporting event you need to be able to see/know more than the market makers, which is possible with experience as youre mainly playing against AI.

how big a roll does momentum from hysteria or panic play on the cryptocurrency exchanges?
>>
>>2946817
Trading on betfair would probably get you better prepared than 99% of the NEETs on this board. I don't really know what else you can do, but you should already have the stomach so maybe just jump in and give it a bit of a go. Just keep in mind this could be a particularly turbulent time so maintain your patience.

I didn't really find any learning curve, it's all the same shit whether it's a sports, crypto, stocks, potatoes, whatever. The biggest difference is probably just working with any given coin itself, where to buy, how to keep secure, when to transfer all that kind of shit, there's a bit more to it than just deposit / withdraw from your bookmakers account

You'll also be up for CGT on crypto whereas betting you would not, so you end up with a bit of work keeping the books and everything in check.
>>
>>2946947
Idk man have you seen that site? it has up to 50% rakeback and I can assure you the poker tables are soft af. Easier than ignition and on par with the runescape poker sites. You can get up to .8% betback and 5% loss back on the sports betting and .35% betback and 3.3% lossback on the dice etc. They have the best reward program ive seen out of all the gambling platforms ive been on and ive been on alot of them...
>>
>>2946817
You need to use a broker to open accounts with SBO, Pinnacle etc.

I'm in the UK and use VPN to access Sportmarket, which gives me access to 5 or 6 Asian bookies.

Asians never limit btw although useless if early price or BOG horses is your game.
>>
>>2946905
Those are addicts who were going to find a way to lose it all regardless of what they were in. The bulk of sports gamblers bet on colors they like or players who's cocks they want to suck so of course they end up losing to some degree as well.
>>
>>2946905

Prove it.
>>
>>2947011
ive heard rumours pinnacle are possibly coming back tot he uk, i miss them a lot, you miss them especially when theres a big tennis tournament on or one day cricket. ive looked into the betting agents, ive friends who use them and have had success, i might even look into it again but desu im a bit jaded after the last few months and want a new challenge, i havent bought into anything yet but im enjoying just reading about how much of a clusterfuck the crypto world is.

(also, you wouldnt catch me dead betting on horse raciing, even with a good price, its the most corrupt and manipulated sport of all time. sooner it dies the better)

>>2946978
ill look into it again if these rewards are genuine, im looking at the long term though i see no reason why they wouldnt shut down an account thats constantly winning via rake, no amount of liquidity is worth paying for with a book.

>>2946968
desu im glad youve said this, about BF trading maybe being on a par with shitcoin trading. in the past 10 years every whale thats dropped out of the financial sector and attempted to make BF pay has been swallowed up whole and shit out the back door within a few weeks, it is a lot harder to quantify the value of a boxer winning a fight than a company of turning a profit, most have no idea what they are doing and connot fathom they got their %'s wrong. from what im reading now theres plenty of former institutional investers only surviving in crypto trading because they have the volume to absorb really shit decisions, id like to be one of the people eating them.

its the turbulence of the last few days that has attracted me here
>>
>>2947067
Yeah that's right, if you can trade bets no reason you shouldn't be able to trade crypto or anything else. Totally different pace though, with sports all the action builds up right at the last minute, I think you would find crypto a lot more constant.

I'm not actually big on trading myself though, I place bets and hodl through both on sports and crypto, but I'll take the odd opportunity for a cash out or just some tweaking when the numbers change
>>
>>2947152
you have to be open to doing both, hodling and trading, as you say things change very quickly and the right move could be either. the best advice ive always given to new players on the betting exchange is to look at both the back and lay as seperate bets rather than one trade.

if you believe fulham to win a game is value at 4.0, back it and they go 1-0 after 20 minutes with a new stable price of 1.8, dont ask yourself is it worth trading out but ask yourself if you had nothing on the market at all, would you lay them now at 1.8 while winning early in the match.

if no them keep it, if yes then sell it.

people jumping too early to close a trade are overstaking, its very simple, if you cant watch the numbers on the screen and feel relaxed about whats going on youll make irrational decisions. stake the amount of money you wouldnt care about turnign the computer off and ignorring and youll make a whole lot more money, theres idiots out there tryign to give it to you ffs.

im sure that exists on the crypto exchanges aswell, people jumping in and out too early, i just need to buy and learn the hard way i think.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.