[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.reddit.com/r/decred/com ments/6rbtob/ama_5_ask_m

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: decred_background-min.png (3MB, 3264x2500px) Image search: [Google]
decred_background-min.png
3MB, 3264x2500px
https://www.reddit.com/r/decred/comments/6rbtob/ama_5_ask_me_anything_with_special_guest_jake/

alternatively if you hate reddit and you have any questions you can post them here and I can try to give you my own opinion, for what it's worth

Also yes this is a decred shill thread, but I don't care because it's freaking worth to shill decred.

It should at least have the same valuation as XMR imo.
>>
I don't trust that coin.
Convince me otherwise op. What makes it so great? What about that shady airdrop?
>>
How long did it take to get the taste of charlie lees cock out of your mouth? He was in there deep
>>
Bump for Decred
>>
>>2942742
You don't have to trust it idiot, it's the most decentralised coin out there.
>>
>>2942742

If you have questions about the integrity of the project or the developers I suggest that you go through this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/decred/comments/6g0xjn/ama_1_ask_me_anything_with_special_guest_dave/

Decred has literally one of the most credible developer teams in the crypto space working on it. They created the first alternative implementation of btcd called btcsuite which is used by projects like Ethereum, Factom, Lightning Network etc...

They created Decred because they found that it was impossible to work with bitcoin core as long as you weren't part of the in-group and had views that strayed away from the group-think. The decred team basically got derided for years by bitcoin core for making an alternative implementation. So they saw the bitcoin governance issues before everyone else basically and decided to fix the issues they saw by starting their Decred.

for more info, check this blog post: https://blog.companyzero.com/2015/12/iterating-bitcoin/

In the airdrop ~282 DCR were distributed to 3000 participants who were vetted etc. Also the airdrop was simply necessary to kickstart the PoS or something like that. In any case there was some technical reason behind it which I don't remember quite accurately.

In either case, what makes decred great is that it solves the governance issue.

Hybrid PoS/PoW (taking the best aspects of both systems), hard fork voting on mainnet (which no other crypto has), proposal system and decentralization of the development subsidy are going to make Decred the first truly decentralized autonomous organization imo.

Also lightning network integration is coming. And the developers are paranoid about privacy. They are going to go with a new privacy implementation that has not been seen before in cryptos.I would actually dare say that I trust the decred devs to develop DCR into a more private coin than Monero.

I recommend to check out the roadmap on the official blog if you want to read up on the plans.
>>
File: IMG_0447.jpg (90KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0447.jpg
90KB, 1024x512px
Bump for visibility
>>
nobody cares about this trash coin.
>>
>>2943545

Why? I genuinely want to know so I can put my time elsewhere if you have convincing arguments
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.